This MEAN GREEN can win CUSA

trussbussdad

What the hell does it matter what you or anyone else on here's mentality is??? Are you playing the game? Do you have to sharpen your mentality to get ready for the big games? Thats stupid. My mentality gets all hopped up during these kinda games too, but don't act like taking the time to celebrate some successes is going to prevent us from winning in the future.

Actually, there have been times it took mental preperation to watch us play.

• Upvote 1

It surprises me that with all the pouting thats been done on here the last few years when we really did get our asses kicked, we so quickly forget what that really means. Today was not an ass kicking. If it was, we wouldn't have Georgia fans on here, s$&!# talking.

77-0. Is an ass kicking

Exactly. We eventually lost pretty big, but we were driving to take the lead at one point in the second half.

If we would have been going 3 and out and never stopping them, then that would have been an ass-whipping, but this was definitely not that.

• Upvote 2

I stood next to the defensive bench and listened to Skladany and the players hash out their game plans all day.

I learned a shit load more this game than I did the Ohio game.

Rick

Well you were on the sidelines... In Athens Georgia... Between the hedges...

That's kind like any decent college football fan's dream.

Jaded?

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

You and 90 have become two of the most hot air filled douche bags ever. You want us to jump from bottom of the Sun Belt to top of theSEC in three years with a third of the budget of the teams in the monopoly five. Good Lord, give these young men and our coaching staff some credit for performing well enough to have people that get paid to assess these games speak favorably of our program, Coach Mac and Coach Skaldany.

Nobody on here is touting 7-5 or 6-6 as a measure of our return to greatness, but being bowl eligible after our last 8 years is great progress. There is no reason we can't either win out or finish 9-3, but this team is learning how to win and still as sone issues to fix. The only stats that matters are points allowed and points scored. Learn to enjoy this and pull off your shit colored glasses.

Your D&D dork-a-thon awaits your return.

We've had disagreements but I need to buy you a beer.

• Upvote 2

You and 90 have become two of the most hot air filled douche bags ever. You want us to jump from bottom. tom and the Sun Belt to top of theSEC in year and s with a third of the budget of the teams in the monopoly five. Good Lord, give these young men and our coaching staff some credit for performing well enough to have people that get paid to assess these games speak favorably of our program, Coach Mac and Coach Skaldany.

Nobody on here is touting 7-5 or 6-6 as a measure of our return to greatness, but being bowl eligible after our last 8 years is great progress. There is no reason we can't either win out or finish 9-3, but this team is learning how to win and still as sone issues to fix. The only stats that matters are points allowed and points scored. Learn to enjoy this and pull off your shit colored glasses.

Your D&D dork-a-thon awaits your return.

Not bashing the team at all, just dudes like you that dont question coaching hires, dont question low ticket sales, dont question lack of promotions. Learn to enjoy this? That pretty much sums it up. Thanks
  • Downvote 2

Against a team that has average 540 yards of offense in first two games vs Clemson and South Carolina - 540+ vs Clemson and 536 vs South Carolina.

From a USA Today article.

Georgia outgained North Texas by a staggering margin in total yards, 641-245, the fourth-most in school history. But the Bulldogs didn't put it away until the fourth quarter.

• Upvote 1

We got a long way to go this season. But, very proud of the continued improvement in the Mean Green football team. The team believes and so do I! Brother George says it best, "Do you believe in the Mean Green?" Hell, yes!

Plus 1 . Good post. Looking for good things to build on is much better than just looking stuff to bitch about. :thumbsu:

Not bashing the team at all, just dudes like you that dont question coaching hires, dont question low ticket sales, dont question lack of promotions. Learn to enjoy this? That pretty much sums it up. Thanks

You need to crawl, before you can walk, before you can run.

We have been in the absolute depths of the CFB world for nearly ten years. In a vacuum I'm not "happy" with a 24 point beating either (not even by a top ten school). But this wasn't in a vacuum. This was a game I didn't think we had a shot in hell of staying competitive, much less winning. My girlfriend and I went out to a museum today during the game (because I didn't want to see us get our asses kicked I was fine with this) to see an exhibit we both wanted to see. Nonetheless, I kept an eye on the score every so often, and I can't tell you how surprised AND pleased I was that we hung with Georgia for 3 quarters. When I saw it was tied 21 I was a mixture of ecstatic and suicidal (that I might miss the biggest upset in NT history).

So, yeah we eventually got our asses handed to us. If you look at the big picture, this was a big step forward for us. We just have to make sure we don't retreat in the next few weeks.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

The optimism is there because we see improvement. Sure, there are still holes, but some things look like they have been addressed. It's also relative. You add the fact that CUSA teams have not been playing well, then UNT looks like it should make some noise. We may go up in the rankings, after a loss.

3 of the 4 teams we have played may be better than the rest of our schedule. We got beat by some big plays, but we will not see better talent at QB for the rest of the year. Our OOC schedule should have us prepared to do some damage in CUSA.

Issues from last year such as play calling, turnovers, special teams, depth has look like it has improved. We still have areas to fix, and by the end of the season, we will have improvements there too. Did you see us throwing to the TE? What? He was wide open. We missed him a couple of times, but we will start hitting that play and its going to be a very unpredictable offense.

DL is not horrible like some thought it would be. Those big plays are not from a QB scrambling or having extra time. Those corners are being singled out ahead of time when there is one on one coverage. I do like Buyers and James Jones in there. They will improve with more reps and they will be solid by the end of the year. Next year, they will be a strength of the team.

• Upvote 2

The difference between the UNTs and UGAs of the world is equivalent to the gap between us & the 1%. Depth and talent level are on different ends of the spectrum. We have 1 Brelan at WR, they have 6-8 to choose from. We have 1 Will Wright, they have 6-8 to choose from with more ready to commit.

NT needed to play an absolute perfect game and win all 3 phases to win this. Doable but not likely. Winning two of the three phases kept NT in it the 1st half.

NT put up a helluva fight and looked like they belonged on the field. We haven't been able to say that for at least a decade. If you didn't see that, you weren't watching the same game the rest of us watched.

I'm very happy with what I saw today and fully expect at least 6 wins.

• Upvote 1

NT put up a helluva fight and looked like they belonged on the field. We haven't been able to say that for at least a decade. If you didn't see that, you weren't watching the same game the rest of us watched.

I'm very happy with what I saw today and fully expect at least 6 wins.

THANK YOU!!!!

This is what most of us are saying. We're not happy with a loss, but we can see the pure culture change, and THAT is what we are happy with.

The one good thing that could come out of this game (besides the paycheck, of course) is the boost to the players' confidence.

Otherwise, it's just another beat down by another big 5 program, and nothing more.

But, I have no doubt that this game will join the "remember that time we tied UT in the second half" and "remember the time we were in the game in the 3rd quarter with K St?" Among many of the fans of this program.

And that is just sad. This fan base deserves more than 24 point losses to celebrate.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3