GMG.com SCHEDULE POSTER POW WOW

greenjoe

I spoke with Hank last night and he is getting us 200 schedule posters and 200 schedule cups to distribute August 10 (Saturday) at 10 AM. We will meet at the Alumni Pavillion and split up into groups and cover Denton in green.

This is a project that all GMG members can help with. Even if you just stop by and pick up 6 or 8 posters, that's 6 or 8 more locations covered. We'll need posters on the square, golden Triangle Mall, the new shopping areas on Loop 288, up and down University Drive, as well as the University area.

Find a way to get out and help with this important, easy and fun project.

Sign up here and bring a buddy. And bring a brush. We're painting the town GREEN !!

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7

AS we chatted last evening after the Mean green Club Event...I checked the schedule and I will be there for the poster day event. Thanks for getting this set up...Slide Show Joe and I were planning the same thing for August 10th, but will simply come on out and volunteer for your gig on the 17th. Let's Do This...

Thanks Joe..see you on the 17th. GO MEAN GREEN!

BTW...sign me up for the Fuzzy tacos, Rooster's, Oak Street Draft House, Queenie's area...I wworked that area last year and had pretty nice success...I'd like a repeat please and thank you!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Hey...that's my old job...! Must be nice to be able to split up the work. I had a case of posters in my trunk for like 2 months after the initial run that I made with Emmitt's help and just kept dropping off posters everywhere I went.

• Upvote 3

I'll be there. Thanks for organizing the event.

I went and got my inspection sticker on my car yesterday and had an extra football poster in my back seat. After talking to the inspection guy. I gave it to him and he put it up in their window. The North Texas Sticker Station is always very supportive of UNT.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4

If possible, could you come to the Alumni Center Aug 17 and snag some schedule posters for Lewisville ? This would make our Poster Pow Wow a bit more impressive in terms of distribution. If that's not possible, let me know here or via PM and I'll get some schedule posters to you.

And anyone else that has a "non-Denton" location inmind, let me know. Come to think of it, we have businesses in Lake Dallas, Corinth, Pilot Point Krum, Decatur, etc that need some green in their town. Help us .

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

If I thought anybody in AZ would let me put some up I'd have you guys send me some. If I do find a place that looks like they might be interested I'll be so excited you'll all probably know.

• Upvote 1

If possible, could you come to the Alumni Center Aug 17 and snag some schedule posters for Lewisville ? This would make our Poster Pow Wow a bit more impressive in terms of distribution. If that's not possible, let me know here or via PM and I'll get some schedule posters to you.

And anyone else that has a "non-Denton" location inmind, let me know. Come to think of it, we have businesses in Lake Dallas, Corinth, Pilot Point Krum, Decatur, etc that need some green in their town. Help us .

GO MEAN GREEN

So is it the 10th or the 17th? Doesn't matter, I imagine I can get up there either day. Is it more effective to start spreading this stuff around earlier or later?

• Upvote 1

Perfect so it is the 17th! I participated in this last year and had a blast. It is becoming a ritual event and if all goes well (I am in town) I will definitely be there as well!

gmg

• Upvote 1

Tape would help. I would suggest that Scotch BLue Painter's tape as it will come clean when removed. I will have some blue tape strips to contribute.

Bring your neighbor and your family. This could be a really fun event and a great opportunity to put a friendly face behind North Texas Football.

GO MEAN GREEN

I'm going to try and come up and help. I did last year, managed to post all 10 posters I took. A lot of fun talking to business owners. But just in case I don't make it, a little advice on Golden Triangle Mall. I volunteered for the mall and it was a bust. None of the stores inside the mall would allow a poster on their storefront. National chains, rules, yadda yadda yadda, i get it. And mall management said no to putting a poster near the mall entrances. So I did the next best thing... I said I understood, left, and taped a poster up anyway.... Take that, Paul Blart! Went by the mall a month later, poster was still there, so they probably didn't even notice.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to try and come up and help. I did last year, managed to post all 10 posters I took. A lot of fun talking to business owners. But just in case I don't make it, a little advice on Golden Triangle Mall. I volunteered for the mall and it was a bust. None of the stores inside the mall would allow a poster on their storefront. National chains, rules, yadda yadda yadda, i get it. And mall management said no to putting a poster near the mall entrances. So I did the next best thing... I said I understood, left, and taped a poster up anyway.... Take that, Paul Blart! Went by the mall a month later, poster was still there, so they probably didn't even notice.

I ran into the same issue at the Allen Outlet Mall last year.

Just be sure whoever goes to the Square that you skip the antique place or whatever it's called that's on the East side. They will literally scream at you for "soliciting" and threaten to call the cops. I made it a point to tell them it was a gift from UNT and they continued yelling. I also made it a point to spread the word that they were not only not UNT friendly but also complete a-holes. If somebody does try again and gets the same results be sure to let others know again. If you don't want a poster that's fine but if you're going to act all crazy any time anybody from UNT comes in, then maybe we should make sure everybody connected to UNT knows to avoid your rathole since you're obviously too good for the University that pretty much made the whole town what it is.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Good Grief...Next time I'd call thief bluff and tell them to go ahead and call the police. This place?

https://dentonwiki.org/Downtown_Mini_Malls?&redirected_from=downtown%20mini%20mall

Just be sure whoever goes to the Square that you skip the antique place or whatever it's called that's on the East side. They will literally scream at you for "soliciting" and threaten to call the cops. I made it a point to tell them it was a gift from UNT and they continued yelling. I also made it a point to spread the word that they were not only not UNT friendly but also complete a-holes. If somebody does try again and gets the same results be sure to let others know again. If you don't want a poster that's fine but if you're going to act all crazy any time anybody from UNT comes in, then maybe we should make sure everybody connected to UNT knows to avoid your rathole since you're obviously too good for the University that pretty much made the whole town what it is.

• Upvote 1

Yes, that's the one. I never went in there again (yes, I used to wander in once in a while to see if they had anything interesting), and any time I walked past there I made sure to talk a bit louder when explaining to those with me (enough to be heard by whoever was walking past us) how obnoxious they were there.