UNT signs top JUCO Player Janis Petersen

Harry

gallery_1_2_239933.jpg

UNT head coach Mike Petersen said a few weeks ago that he was on the verge of signing a top prospect who could make an immediate impact on the program.

Petersen confirmed today that player is Janis Peterson.

The 2011 California Junior College Co-Player of the Year is in the process of finishing her two-year degree and will enroll at UNT this summer.

Peterson originally signed with San Jose State but did not qualify academically.

read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/06/unt-women-add-top-juco-player.html/

This post has been promoted to an article

So she sat out 2012? Do we know what position she plays?

Peterson, a 6-1 guard at City College of San Francisco, led the California Community College Athletic Association's Coast North Division in scoring, averaging 22.6 points last year. The Rams finished with a 27-6 record, 9-1 in conference play and were the state runner-up. Peterson earned Co-Player of the Year honors for her play.

• Upvote 1

Here's hoping she makes the grades. Nice Player!

Don't think it is grades but rather the types of courses taken in JUCO...seems some she took..and passed....will not transfer...thus she needs to take a couple that will transfer and pass them this summer.

Anyway...that is what I heard...not official just what I heard from someone who should know.

Great get for the Mean Green! Yep...will make Coach Petersen look like an even better coach. Things are looking good for the ladies!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't think it is grades but rather the types of courses taken in JUCO...seems some she took..and passed....will not transfer...thus she needs to take a couple that will transfer and pass them this summer.

Anyway...that is what I heard...not official just what I heard from someone who should know.

Great get for the Mean Green! Yep...will make Coach Petersen look like an even better coach. Things are looking good for the ladies!

That's the same thing I heard. Also, she can play the 1, 2, 3 or 4 but most likely the 2 & 3.

Edited by GMoney
  • Upvote 1