C-USA working on new bowl game in Boca Raton

Harry

The American Athletic Conference isn't the only league looking into creating a bowl game.

Conference USA is on the ground floor of a start-up bowl in Boca Raton, according to sources, with one source saying the league "likes the chances of it happening."

Conferences are exploring their bowl options as the current contracts expire after this season. American commissioner Mike Aresco told the Tampa Bay Times that he thinks his league creating its own bowl is "doable" and the finances can work. The Times points out that Marlins Park in Miami is a possible venue.

FAU Stadium, where new league member FAU plays football, is considered the primary option for the bowl site, according to a source, while a bowl name and a conference playing partner have not yet been determined.

Read more: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/jeremy-fowler/22295986/c-usa-looking-into-creating-bowl-game-in-boca-raton

Too bad they are not sponsored by the prison group anymore.

The Longest Yard Bowl

Cons vs Guards

Laugh all you want, but this is a beautiful modern campus with much more to offer than Dade County. Palm Beach and Boca Raton areas are very affluent and make little "d" look like the ghetto in comparison.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Laugh all you want, but this is a beautiful modern campus with much more to offer than Dade County. Palm Beach and Boca Raton areas are very affluent and make little "d" look like the ghetto in comparison.

Judge with your eyes and see very little.

Not everyone wishes to live in Levittown.

• Upvote 2

Little d has more character than Palm Beach and Boca Raton could ever aspire to. Little d is young, hip, cool, cultured and those two cities are plastic but also where people go to die or get bitten by sharks.

Personally, I think Denton is beautiful.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Then you must have never been outside of Denton, the most unfriendly town hosting two major colleges that even make it a town in the first place. Easily the most backward of all DFW metroplex cities!

Funny, it was just voted most fun & friendliest small town in America. Denton is a real city, not a sterile boring town with a commercialized town square. I'm extremely well traveled and you're wrong. Denton is one of the best cities I've been to, and I grew up in Houston and have been to all of the major cities and lived in quite a few. Denton is EASILY the best in DFW and the next closest isn't even close.

I mean. I wouldn't cast stones from a glass house...*cough* Life's too short to live in Dallas *cough*

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

Funny, it was just voted most fun & friendliest small town in America. Denton is a real city, not a sterile boring town with a commercialized town square. I'm extremely well traveled and you're wrong. Denton is one of the best cities I've been to, and I grew up in Houston and have been to all of the major cities and lived in quite a few. Denton is EASILY the best in DFW and the next closest isn't even close.

I mean. I wouldn't cast stones from a glass house...*cough* Life's too short to live in Dallas *cough*

And your are never, ever wrong

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think DallasGreen is solely referring to Denton's views on college football at its local university. In that vein, its almost impossible to argue with him. Denton, as a city, is fine and it does have a nice cultural scene. The city and its citizens just don't care for North Texas football, and they never have. That is DG's point, I think.