DL Xavier Washington 6-1, 238 4.85 Cedar Hill (offer)

Harry

3 people retweeted. One appears tro be a commit, one an alumni, and Xavier.

I don't know if the commit that retweeted committed this weekend, but he does have 2014 Houston COugar commit on his twitter account.

Nothing like that appears on Xavier's account, FWIW.

But he did update his height and weight 2 hours ago. 6' 2 1/2" and 249lbs for those interested.

I would be really nice to land this kid. He's not only an athlete, but an academic leader as well. Instant team leader written all over him.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

One thing about it, many would promise Xavier playing time but whether they produce on that promise or not could be up for debate at some outposts but................. with all our Mean Green DL grads this May, Xavier would probably be able to see from that alone that he would get more bonafide playing time at North Texas his true freshmen year and that would be most likely as a starter.

We really need him to commit to us, but its all in his hands and I know our fans will wish him well no matter who he chooses; especially (of course) if he chooses............us. :thumbsu:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

It doesn't appear from this tweet that X was one of the two UH commits. The bad news is it appears one of our other commits Garrett Davis from Red Oak flipped. Also looks like La. Tech lost DeSoto commit Howard Wilson (a very good player I wish we could have landed):

Houston pushing X hard -- this is off of coogfans board:

i think Xavier Washington is also about to commit

http://houston.scout.com/a.z?s...amp;nid=6947459

bear has been helping with recruiting him (via twitter) and during his visit

and they way they are tweeting each other its like he's already committed

and when i went to xavier's twitter he had retweeted alot of pro UH recruiting stuff

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=215&f=2804&t=12606785

After making a few phone calls this afternoon, here is where UNT stands as we head down the stretch in football recruiting.

I swapped messages with top defensive end target Xavier Washington. The Cedar Hill standout had a good time at Houston, but UNT is still very much in the hunt and will receive an official visit next weekend.

read more: http://meangreenblog...-update-2.html/

One thing I HOPE will happen is that the new UNT D-Line coach Kevin Patrick gets to meet with Xavier on his visit. That would be a big plus. It would be great for the two to meet in person. Coach Patrick has some accolades and NFL success stories he could share. Would also be nice to tell him about Mac's new contract being finalized.

Let's hope this happens.

One thing I HOPE will happen is that the new UNT D-Line coach Kevin Patrick gets to meet with Xavier on his visit. That would be a big plus. It would be great for the two to meet in person. Coach Patrick has some accolades and NFL success stories he could share. Would also be nice to tell him about Mac's new contract being finalized.

Let's hope this happens.

David Gibbs (DC) and Ricky Logo (DL Coach) are not too shabby either! I think it's pretty much down to U of H and us. X sounds like he would prefer to stay close to home. I just look at their current DL signees and hope he sees them, too...

Come to Denton, Xavier!

3 people retweeted. One appears tro be a commit, one an alumni, and Xavier.

I don't know if the commit that retweeted committed this weekend, but he does have 2014 Houston COugar commit on his twitter account.

Nothing like that appears on Xavier's account, FWIW.

But he did update his height and weight 2 hours ago. 6' 2 1/2" and 249lbs for those interested.

I would be really nice to land this kid. He's not only an athlete, but an academic leader as well. Instant team leader written all over him.

Fingers crossed.

Another 1.5 inches of growth and Xavier would be the same height the great Mean Joe Greene was while at North Texas and then later with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

So many of the national media still consider Mean Joe as the greatest NFL DL in the history of the game.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Another 1.5 inches of growth and Xavier would be the same height the great Mean Joe Greene was while at North Texas and then later with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

So many of the national media still consider Mean Joe as the greatest NFL DL in the history of the game.

GMG!

Addendum: Former NFL great, Pro Bowler and North Texas Athletic Hall of Famer, ie, Cedrick Hardman was 5'10" when he was a freshmen at North Texas........when drafted #1 by the San Francisco 49'ers he had grown to 6'4". I can't quite remember ever hearing of such a growth spurt as that. .

Would love to have Xavier in a Mean Green uniform come August 30'th when we open our season against the Longhorns of the U of Texas and then our home season opener at fabulous Apogee Stadium the next week against.....SMU.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen