DL Xavier Washington 6-1, 238 4.85 Cedar Hill (offer)

Harry

Here's a new 2013 highlight video featuring all 25 of Xavier's sacks.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1443616/#highlights/78074375

I think that not only would Xavier be great for North Texas, but North Texas would provide an excellent opportunity for Xavier to display his skills.

I guess the whole Mean Green Nation is waiting on his moment....

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

Let's go after Henderson and the other two DT's that backed out of their pledges to UT, via social media of course. It never hurts to ask and all they can say is no.

Henderson has already switched to A&M, and the other two have offers from schools like Oregon, Oklahoma etc.

I could be wrong but I think DJ Williams of Lufkin will visit us once official visits begin. Let's hope Mizzou fills up before then, landing Williams and Washington would be an incredible way to round out this class.

What about the DT out of Lincoln that originally committed to Rice? I don't recall his name, but he's a good sized young man that we had offered early. I hope we are pushing for him, the two Williams (Lufkin and Ryan High) and Washington. I would take any two of the four to fill our final spots.

What about the DT out of Lincoln that originally committed to Rice? I don't recall his name, but he's a good sized young man that we had offered early. I hope we are pushing for him, the two Williams (Lufkin and Ryan High) and Washington. I would take any two of the four to fill our final spots.

Aaron Jenkins is from Lincoln. He took a trip to Toledo. An article stated location was a factor and wanted to be close to home. Was committed to rice which seems pretty close. Decommitted, but it could be for several reasons. Houston and UNT are the other close schools. If rice was too far, then I assume UH would be out too. It doesnt get any closer than UNT.

Could be that some offers are still not on the table. Could be qualifying. Could be waiting on TCU. TCU waited till the last minute last year and was in contact with a lot of local recruits in mid to late Jan. They are staying in contact with some this year from what I am told.

I would love to know what the delay is all about or when he plans to commit. I am sure he is hoping for "higher profile" offers.

Dangerous game. He will get a ship somewhere, but waiting until the last moment in hopes of a big 5 calling (which really doesn't seem to be this kid's MO based on comments he made after the state championship game) could leave a lot fewer options if that ship doesn't come.

I was told by a reliable source that a few players called at the last minute last year, to see if they still had offers. They were some decent recruits with nice offers, but they were waiting on offers from schools like TCU, Tech, Baylor, Houston, etc.

What recruits dont realize is these schools will stay in contact with you just in case they lose a commit or someone flips at the last minute. If you dont have an official offer by now, and you are still waiting, you are getting bad advice. Better make sure you still have choices that you like or you may be going to your very last option.

I love how everyone acts like this is such an easy decision. This kid will have to spend all 4 or 5 years playing wherever he decides to go. He still has lots of official visits left. Let the kid take his time and make a GOOD decision for him, his education, and his family.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I love how everyone acts like this is such an easy decision. This kid will have to spend all 4 or 5 years playing wherever he decides to go. He still has lots of official visits left. Let the kid take his time and make a GOOD decision for him, his education, and his family.

He has had the better part of a year to narrow down the schools and make a decision. Problem is, if he waits too long, the school he eventually chooses might not choose him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agreed. And of course the best decision for him, his education, and his family is North Texas.

• Upvote 3

If he still have offers on the table, he can wait and take visits. If the schools promised him he has an offer no matter what, then he can wait. Just depends on your position, and the needs of the schools that are looking at you.

Some recruits and parents dont understand it is a number of slots to fill, and once they are filled, you no longer have an offer. Even if you are a 3 star.

I know of a 3 star recruit who had 7 offers that included 3 cusa schools, 1 mwc, 1 big 12. He was waiting on his favorite school and it didnt happen. Wanted to go through the hat thing on signing day and lost ALL his offers because he wasnt monitoring the process.

He had to sign a gray shirt to one if the cusa schools. It worked out for him cause someone quit the team in the summer, but it was a close call.

I know another kid who had a big 12 & cusa offer who waited to see if more would come and only had fcs at the end.

There's a lot more if these stories.