DL Xavier Washington 6-1, 238 4.85 Cedar Hill (offer)

Harry

That is fine, and if he waits to long and that happens then it is a decision he will have to live with. I like the early signing period idea, it works well for basketball. If the recruit decides to make that decision, then it takes some pressure off and allows coaches to pursue other recruits. I did see a Fonzale Davis and Tee Goree Tweet back to Carlos Harris about starting meetings and working for next year. Pretty cool, I think they're pretty solid commits.

• Upvote 2

Everything that I hear about Xavier is he is a great kid and student. He comes from a great family. Obviously he is a terrific football player to boot.

Would love to see him wearing green as he would be a big part of this defense. It just seems like the timing is perfect as our program is on the rise. We'd be close enough for his friends and family to watch him play a lot. I hope things work out and we are able to land him. GMG!

I love how everyone acts like this is such an easy decision. This kid will have to spend all 4 or 5 years playing wherever he decides to go. He still has lots of official visits left. Let the kid take his time and make a GOOD decision for him, his education, and his family.

Good point GMG24. He has a lot of options and he should enjoy his visits.

This guy was the Defensive MVP of the Class 5A championship game! He's one of the best players in the state of Texas.

Lol dude said y'all act like he's a 4 star... Lol that stars crap don't mean nothing .. Because

He's easily a 4 star .. 1st team All-State, District MVP in a (tough District) Changed games with big sacks, won his team the 5A state championship & was the defensive player of the game .... Dominated every opponent he faced at camps this past summer.. & was a semper fedelis all American ... U called that a 2 star?!? . Gtfoh

• Upvote 3

Lol dude said y'all act like he's a 4 star... Lol that stars crap don't mean nothing .. Because

He's easily a 4 star .. 1st team All-State, District MVP in a (tough District) Changed games with big sacks, won his team the 5A state championship & was the defensive player of the game .... Dominated every opponent he faced at camps this past summer.. & was a semper fedelis all American ... U called that a 2 star?!? . Gtfoh

Can I get an amen? I've been telling everyone here, recruiting services don't have a clue. Watch this kids film, watch how strong he plays. Look at his accolades. They don't give state championship MVP trophies away like candy. Xavier did his talking on the field of play. He's a stud and I hope like hell we land him!

Dude dominated Katy in the championship game. I'm right there with a number of you though, I see this thread everyday and hope everyday that I check in and see that he committed to UNT.

ApexMom or marcoatf - do you have any updates on Xaviers recruiting? is there an announcment soon or is he planning on waiting till signing day?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the video link and welcome to the board. They have updated it to include all of his senior highlights. If you are a North Texas fan and have not watched this young man's film yet now is your chance. He in an amazing talent that we would be fortunate to land.

To marcoatf and apexmom, welcome to the board! Understand that Xavier is the player that we want more than anyone else left.

The general opinion on this board is that if we get him he will headline our class along with guys like Fonzale Davis (south oak cliff) and Tee Goree (another state champ from Carthage). I share that opinion as well. I know it's hard not to take non-positive comments personally, but there is a lot of praise for him on this board and we want him to come here very badly.

If he picks us you will see great jubilation on this board, as much as we've had for any one player committing, and if he picks some one else there will be a lot of disappointment because he is basically our number 1 target at this point.

Congrats on all the offers and a great season. Pick UNT :)

• Upvote 1

No, I said it's funny Bcuz clearly you get your stars from size. X plays in Texas toughest football district and dominates with no problem. He play college ball already. These big schools rather get a bigger guy and try to turn them into the player Xavier already is. I can't wait to see him at the next level and in shape.He plays big. He's also up for Dallas Morning News Defensive player of the year. 2nd year in a row and he will be at channel 21 next week because he made their North Texas team,so I'm sure a decision is coming but looks like he's still busy. So despite what Rivals say oh yeah he's a 4 star player.

• Upvote 2

Make no mistake. This is NOT the opinion of the majority of us. Personally, after attending the Katy/Cedar Hill state title game and watchng film I would put "X" as my #1 target...even above some who are already on board. I have high hopes for every player that is in the 2014 class but Xavier is the player I most want to see in green next year.

• Upvote 4

Make no mistake. This is NOT the opinion of the majority of us. Personally, after attending the Katy/Cedar Hill state title game and watchng film I would put "X" as my #1 target...even above some who are already on board. I have high hopes for every player that is in the 2014 class but Xavier is the player I most want to see in green next year.

THIS! The vast majority of us want him here, badly.

• Upvote 2

marcoatf, don't get too wrapped up in the recruiting services star rating system. Rivals basically admitted to me last year that they adjust stars up and down depending on a number of factors. Seems to me, if you are rating a player, then you rate him and him only. How a young man's rating increases or decreases when he is finished playing his season is ridiculous. I could care less what a young man's stars are coming out of HS. It is how he develops at the collegiate level that is important and it appears Xavier has the tools to be very successful.

We are all excited about the prospect of Xavier attending North Texas and get excited hoping for a commit every time something new is posted here. Don't read too much in to some of the comments. We are just anxious and ready to finalize our 2014 class. We hope Xavier headlines that group and has a great career at North Texas.

• Upvote 1