Some Good News Regarding Support

KRAM1

That's awesome. We're still only going to drop a couple hundred bucks here and there for the next couple of years until all of the student loans, etc are paid off but as we try to help grow the alumni base I'd like to know how I can help connect long-lost alums if possible. We can talk more about this later, but can you share info on how the rest of us can "sell" the MGC. I must admit I'm a bit "green", haha, on exactly what MGC donors get at different levels though I am familiar with it overall as a booster organization. I would resign this to a side conversation but in case others want to help develop the network, it could be useful information for all.

Well, I didn't want to brag, but I did kick several thousand "extra points" on my membership renewal this year. No need to thank me.<br /><br />But seriously, athletics hasn't called me in a while. I guess because I already renewed. But boy howdy do other campus departments call me. I like regaling tales to one in particular about hard difficult their inept bureaucracy made my life and how callous and uncaring they were about it. I also like dropping specific names as being personally responsible for my checks going to athletics, not them.<br /><br />I did, however, receive a letter from Shelby Tamura yesterday thanking donors and briefly describing her experiences as a student athlete at North Texas. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I do like to see kids taking true advantage of the opportunity.

Coach Benford called me...I had just renewed earlier in the day.

Thanks, drex...never any question about your support for the Mean Green. I heard part of that conversation last evening. Way cool. I think Coach Benford first got your bride on the line and she expertly handed the call off to you.

It was great having several members of the coaching staffs calling with the volunteers last evening. The basketball programs were well represented with Coaches Petersen, Benford, Lundy, Evans and Luster calling and I also saw, from football, Coaches Brown and Joseph. I certainly did not see all who participated as I was on the first row of phones in the phone bank while others were above me on the second row.

I can tell you one thing...Coach Petersen is tough to have next to you when you are on the phone and he is also...that guy is Loud! Ha. Just ask Silver Eagle. I was trying to talk with him with Coach Petersen on the phone next to me. I am certain that Silver thinks I am deaf. Also got to chat with MedPilot21. Thanks for answering the phone guys...and as with drex, I appreciate your continuing support for the Mean Green.

And...Oldguy....you are correct, we were not calling folks who had already renewed....appreciate your getting your renewal in with that increase...thanks a bunch.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

KRAM1, on 25 Apr 2013 - 08:43, said:

And...Oldguy....you are correct, we were not calling folks who had already renewed....appreciate your getting your renewal in with that increase...thanks a bunch.

Go Mean Green!

I was kidding about the increase. What I gave last year was a little bit of a stretch. A little easier this year.
  • Upvote 1

pfft...i only got a call from todd...damnit...i got hosed! i didn't answer, as i was busy drinking, but he did leave me a sexy voicemail...

Thanks for your support. If you pick up the phone next year, I'll gladly pass you off to the closest coach. When I called you, I was sitting next to Coach Benford.

• Upvote 1