Go Mean Green NCAA Bracket Challange

laxtonto

If any one was watching the Marquette game they said Buzz Williams makes subs in droves and often. This might be why Benford does his subs the way he does. Marquette changes out the entire team and guys are coming and going in handout constantly. The announcers even noted this. It helps them stay fresh for defense and attack and score in transition. I believe that is Benfords philosophy. It just did not work here for us.

• Upvote 2

If any one was watching the Marquette game they said Buzz Williams makes subs in droves and often. This might be why Benford does his subs the way he does. Marquette changes out the entire team and guys are coming and going in handout constantly. The announcers even noted this. It helps them stay fresh for defense and attack and score in transition. I believe that is Benfords philosophy. It just did not work here for us.

They were laughing about it and saying 66 substitutions has to be close to a NCAA tounament record. That was with 7 mins left in the game.

They can laugh all they want. I would lobe for announcers to be laughing at UNT if we were a 3 seed in a tourney and could go deep year after year...

Paraphrased:

They can laugh all they want...our coach used a philosophy that didn't fit his personnel. FACE!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Grrr Gonzaga is out. That's 2 of my Elite 8 gone already. Haha Wichita State's mascot is the shocker. That is funny in so many ways. Also makes me think of Jason Bateman in Dodgeball.

• Upvote 1

Well I am first going into tomorrow but I still the bracket below me is going to win it. Lousiville is a good team and will probably beat duke and I have one finalfour team already as mentioned above... I still think I will win out tomorrow, but the sweet sixteen games will go in Favor of "top of the key"

• Upvote 2

I usually root for upsets (even against my bracket), but it was tough to see Gonzaga go down. I mean, I almost always root for the schools out of the power leagues come tourney time, and they have been one of the standard bearers for years -- but haven't had much success in the NCAA's recently. This was probably their best chance for a deep run.

They've still never gotten back to the Elite Eight since their breakthru in 1999 where they lost to eventual National Champion Connecticut in the West Regional final.

Edited by CMJ

I have 6 out of my elite 8 left and 3 of my final four left in as well. Yesterdays game is still under my skin because I hate losing in brackets and generally do very well. I don't think tomorrow's games will change many brackets because I think we all have just about the same teams picked to win...

Is anybody else doing the Rock Bottom (Restaurant and Brewery) bracket challenge? I won $5 for my round of 64 picks, but they didn't email me the coupon until last night and it expires tonight :( All of them expire the night after they are sent, but it would have been nice to know when it would be sent instead of wasting it. I didn't see it until I got home today, and I'm not spending $5 in gas to use my $5. I think there's one somewhere in the Dallas suburbs so I was curious if anyone else was doing that one. I picked a few different upsets in that one so I don't think I'll do nearly as well as I am in ours.

Wow. Just saw the Oregon-StL score.

I know, right? If any of you looked at my bracket you probably saw that I picked a few weird upsets, some of which worked out and some didn't. Of the reasonable ones, I considered Oregon but decided against it. Even weirder...picking only the higher ranked team to win in the first two rounds would have only yielded a total of 36 points so far (I'm at 33). So even playing it safe would still put you ranked 20th in our group.

FGCU FTMFW

Add a "U" to that for "Up" and I think you've got it.