Gun Companies Refuse to Sell to Government Agencies

"The Federal Government and several states have enacted gun control laws that restrict the public from owning and possessing certain types of firearms...If a product that we manufacture is not legal for a private citizen to own in a jurisdiction, we will not sell that product to a law-enforcement agency in that jurisdiction."

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/firearms-companies-restricting-sales-government-agencies-areas

Man, the gun companies can't even catch a break when they do something to stop mass murder.

After all, if banning guns so people can't go all Newtown is the answer, then we absolutely need to keep them out of the hands of the police. I mean, Dorner proved what can happen when you let police own firearms.

I know he is a far left hero and all, but if he can kill people with guns, who is to say every other cop won't do the same thing, right? If we are going to ban law abiding citizens from owning guns, why should police (who are supposed to be the most law abiding citizens of all) own guns?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Man, the gun companies can't even catch a break when they do something to stop mass murder.

After all, if banning guns so people can't go all Newtown is the answer, then we absolutely need to keep them out of the hands of the police. I mean, Dorner proved what can happen when you let police own firearms.

I know he is a far left hero and all, but if he can kill people with guns, who is to say every other cop won't do the same thing, right? If we are going to ban law abiding citizens from owning guns, why should police (who are supposed to be the most law abiding citizens of all) own guns?

I know you're being (Jesus I hope so) sarcastic but this is, even for you, a new low. A cop killing bastard is a "far left hero"?

This is why I can comfortably predict yet another Democrat President in the next election. The right has abandoned all hope of a platform and now simply plays to a vocal minority whose only agenda is to attack any/everything that seems to jive with Obama policies...even if it means painting a lunatic as a "far left hero".

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I know you're being (Jesus I hope so) sarcastic but this is, even for you, a new low. A cop killing bastard is a "far left hero"?

This is why I can comfortably predict yet another Democrat President in the next election. The right has abandoned all hope of a platform and now simply plays to a vocal minority whose only agenda is to attack any/everything that seems to jive with Obama policies...even if it means painting a lunatic as a "far left hero".

Uh . . . where have you been? Yes, numerous people (though probably a very small percentage) on the far left have made a hero out of this guy.

• Upvote 2

bingo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Name them.

Not trying to be combative, I genuinely want to know:

1)Who is that stupid

2)How they are somehow representatives of the "far left"

You might try Google, or reading the news every once in a while. There have been groups on Facebook devoted to cheering for Dorner; and yes, they are lefties. Marc Lamont Hill of the Huffington Post referred to Dorner as a "real life superhero to many people." Chris Matthew opposed denouncing the actions of Dorner because, according to him, "It's not that simple. This man may have a real complaint."

• Upvote 3

Tons of people have made a cult hero out of this guy. Look on Fb, comments sections of any article posted about him, etc etc. Not saying it's right, but it's true

I'm with Emmitt. Give me a link. Not saying you are incorrect, but I have not seen it on Fox News so it can't be true.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Tons of people have made a cult hero out of this guy. Look on Fb, comments sections of any article posted about him, etc etc. Not saying it's right, but it's true

Facebook pages? Really? I can post links to the Sovereign Citizens website. Or perhaps maybe the Klan. Can I hold them up as indicative of the "far right"?

• Upvote 2

---Weird... to some if anyone disagrees with them they are considered far left.... any issue... I suppose those of us who hated the debt getting out of control during 2001-2009 era and the hating how the economic conditions were at the end of 2009 [ bank bail-outs, unemployment rising, dropping Dow, home repossessions, etc, ] means we are far left. There were some that thought the police dept. mistreated him and that he had some justification.... I would not call them far left or far right... just idiots.

To some the truth is what they want to be true... ignore reality...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Facebook pages? Really? I can post links to the Sovereign Citizens website. Or perhaps maybe the Klan. Can I hold them up as indicative of the "far right"?

No one said that the entire far left was cheering him on. Notice I did say a "small percentage."

But aren't those groups you mention generally classified as "far right"? And the followers of this guy are rightly classified as "far left."

---Weird... to some if anyone disagrees with them they are considered far left.... any issue... I suppose those of us who hated the debt getting out of control during 2001-2009 era and the hating how the economic conditions were at the end of 2009 [ bank bail-outs, unemployment rising, dropping Dow, home repossessions, etc, ] means we are far left. There were some that thought the police dept. mistreated him and that he had some justification.... I would not call them far left or far right... just idiots.

To some the truth is what they want to be true... ignore reality...

You're funny. . . . You claim to be a conservative, but consider yourself included in any mention of the "far left."

• Upvote 1

You're funny. . . . You claim to be a conservative, but consider yourself included in any mention of the "far left."

--Financially I am very conservative**.... not so much on many other issues... and definitively not T-party... [ who seem to want great service but not pay taxes to pay for them ]. . Just think it odd that many who think anyone that disagrees with them at all is the extreme left.... which I am not even close to being. The extreme right is trying to claim the current administration is trying to confiscate all guns... which isn't true at all [ I own several and even went target shooting last weekend ] The discussion is all about guns that can shoot 20 people in 20 seconds.... just be honest about what the "argument" is about.... .....Gun control... we already have some... can't own bazoozas, BARS, morters, or other fully automatic guns now.

** don't go into or increase debt as happened after 2001. Sequester may prove to be a good thing short term... It will show what we can actually do without and what is absolutely needed.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

No one said that the entire far left was cheering him on. Notice I did say a "small percentage."

But aren't those groups you mention generally classified as "far right"? And the followers of this guy are rightly classified as "far left."

I think by your standard that, yes, you have an accurate assessment of who his "fans" are. It turns my stomach to even acknowledge anyone as a fan of this nobody though.

My beef is with UNT90's attempt to mix gun control rhetoric (and the ridiculous thought that Dorner is indicative of the dangers of armed law enforcement at large) along with allusions to the "far left" lunatics. It was a blatant attempt to paint the entire left into a corner with the actions (words?) of a select few.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4

I think by your standard that, yes, you have an accurate assessment of who his "fans" are. It turns my stomach to even acknowledge anyone as a fan of this nobody though.

My beef is with UNT90's attempt to mix gun control rhetoric (and the ridiculous thought that Dorner is indicative of the dangers of armed law enforcement at large) along with allusions to the "far left" lunatics. It was a blatant attempt to paint the entire left into a corner with the actions (words?) of a select few.

The point of his post (at least how I read it) was to show there is no difference between painting all law enforcement as rogue murderers because of the actions of Dorner and painting law abiding gun owners as crazy mass murderers because of the actions of Adam Lanza. Both are equally absurd.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 2

The point of his post (at least how I read it) was to show there is no difference between painting all law enforcement as rogue murderers because of the actions of Dorner and painting law abiding gun owners as crazy mass murderers because of the actions of Adam Lanza. Both are equally absurd.

Dorner...best I can tell this completes the list of ex-cop rogue murderers. Feel free to correct me if this list is longer.

Regular citizens on the other hand...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

Admittedly, the referenced site has an agenda...but the listed incidents aren't made up.

And, again, I have no beef with a company that wants to harm their own sales to make a point. Seems counter-productive but it's their perogative. I just think the strained allusion to recent gun control measures (of which I'm not necessarily a fan) by citing a single lunatic who just happens to be former police, a clear case of square peg and round hole.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 1

Dorner...best I can tell this completes the list of ex-cop rogue murderers. Feel free to correct me if this list is longer.

Regular citizens on the other hand...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/major-shootings.pdf

Admittedly, the referenced site has an agenda...but the listed incidents aren't made up.

And, again, I have no beef with a company that wants to harm their own sales to make a point. Seems counter-productive but it's their perogative. I just think the strained allusion to recent gun control measures (of which I'm not necessarily a fan) by citing a single lunatic who just happens to be former police, a clear case of square peg and round hole.

Well don't forget to add the BART cop who shot and killed a man in handcuffs(who was also proned out). All of the no-knock raids gone bad (meaning wrong house and people get shot). The shoot out in Times Square where all of the bystanders that were hit were shot by the NYPD.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but police accuracy in shootings is usually much worse than non-LEO citizens. Note that I'm not calling to disarm cops, please return the favor.

really long list if you do a little searching. For some reason these don't quite make the news as much as regular citizens.

Let's see...

A guy who killed his wife (not a room full of people)

A cannibal (we should outlaw teeth?)

A guy who shot a dog (if we disarm all officers every time a dog is shot then I guess we'll all hand in our guns now)

A guy who killed his family (let's take guns out of all homes then, right?)

Again, I'm NOT advocating we disarm all private citizens. Why this is hard to comprehend I'm not sure. But the "let's disarm cops because they have a history similar to atrocities by private citizens" is absurd.

Just by virtue of the sheer number of deadly force encounters that police respond to, as opposed to citizens at large, should tilt the body count in the police's favor, no? Yet, somehow, Columbine, Sandy Hook, Jonesboro, Va Tech, the movie theater shootings, etc, etc, etc are Joe Blow citizen perpetrators...and dwarf the wrongful killings by police.

You'll never convince me that no-knock warrants are a bad idea. As someone who's executed dozens of them...you just won't. EXTREME attention to the little details (like, you know, addresses) should be paid but the concept is still valid.

As to police accuracy, I often scratch my head at that one too. Training budget, diligence, stress, any one (or all) could be the culprit. I agree though that the number of shots fird to number of hits ratios are, at times, staggering.

Again, nobody is advocating the disarming of citizens...just think the "let's disarm police then" argument is way off target (pun intended).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

--Financially I am very conservative**.... not so much on many other issues... and definitively not T-party... [ who seem to want great service but not pay taxes to pay for them ]. . Just think it odd that many who think anyone that disagrees with them at all is the extreme left.... which I am not even close to being. The extreme right is trying to claim the current administration is trying to confiscate all guns... which isn't true at all [ I own several and even went target shooting last weekend ] The discussion is all about guns that can shoot 20 people in 20 seconds.... just be honest about what the "argument" is about.... .....Gun control... we already have some... can't own bazoozas, BARS, morters, or other fully automatic guns now.

** don't go into or increase debt as happened after 2001. Sequester may prove to be a good thing short term... It will show what we can actually do without and what is absolutely needed.

Ya, you are so finibacially conservative that you voted for a Persident that grew the national debt at a faster rate than any president in history. Lol.

And when you are ever confronted with said spending, you use the Democrat party line of pointing out that Bush spent money, too.

It's straight outta the democrat playbook. Say your conservative while supporting the democrats.