Footballscoop update on Gaines....

Harry

North Texas: Sources tell us cornerbacks coach Justin Gaines has resigned to pursue other opportunities.

Read more: http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Well, I'm not a big one on conspiracy theories, but this seems like a very odd time for a hotshot recruiter to "pursue other options". Oh, sorry, I meant "opportunities". And then there is the euphemistic cousin to these, "pursuing other interests".

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

Heck, I'm just going to make something up. I say he just couldn't wait any longer to get back up to Montana and flyfish for steelhead along the Yellowstone. A river runs through it, y'know. Probably just catch and release.

You're good at lightening the mood at the appropriate time.

People like you are fun to be around.

Here's where another cornerbacks coach "left to pursue other opportunities", maybe we could hire him. Unfortunately, his coaching results (119 out of 120 in the FBS) beg the question of how he ever got hired as a college coach after not being around the game since high school, but the guy has a degree from HARVARD LAW and was an assistant for Senator Joe Lieberman, for gosh sakes, and look at this way; he now has college coaching experience! Here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/40230734/0/0/40231781

Let's face it, we need somebody to coach our improved cb recruits. And I'm talking Big 12 coaching experience, baby!

Here's where another cornerbacks coach "left to pursue other opportunities", maybe we could hire him. Unfortunately, his coaching results (119 out of 120 in the FBS) beg the question of how he ever got hired as a college coach after not being around the game since high school, but the guy has a degree from HARVARD LAW and was an assistant for Senator Joe Lieberman, for gosh sakes, and look at this way; he now has college coaching experience! Here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/40230734/0/0/40231781

im not sure why you think he wasnt around the game since high school. he was an intern with the chiefs, then a QC, then an assistant cornerbacks coach with another NFL team. he had over two years of NFL coaching experience, as well as having spent weeks learning from mike leach. oh yeah- he just got picked up by another NFL team. UNT would be absolutely thrilled to have him, but he isnt interested.

Edited by Crownme
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1