Way to go players!

emmitt01

Your hustle, heart and maturity led to a 10 point win.

Yes...amazing what those three things can lead to for this team or any team. All three seem to have been MIA before this game.

Congratulations guys...talent was always there...keep this up and good things are ahead.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Playing hard on D and rebounding weren't part of the game plan?

I am referring to the scouting report. Which way they needed to force player A, which player needed to be forced out of the paint, who are the shooters etc... all the jobs of a coach to pass onto his players. Benford seems to do this very well. it is the application on the floor that gets to us. Rebounding is not a "game plan" that is something that should always be done. You want to win the boards. I guess I should have re phrased it (scouting report)....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This was a nice win! T-Mitch and PJ played a great game and all the boys stepped it up. I though Benford coached it nicely. A step in the right direction.

Agreed. Benford was more assertive on offense, and I saw him making the play calls at times from the bench. But, this was players doing the most crucial thing they can possibly do to ice a game down the stretch and push a lead even further: making free throws. It's amazing how your "luck" can change when you simply do the simple things.

Still problems with boxing out. Coleman was in position a couple times and made bad decisions giving up rebounds. Gotta get that corrected.

Also, Alzee got shots to drop. Seemed like he and PJ were really taking their time on shots and seeing the basket well.

Holding South Alabama to 22 points in the first half reflected what I thought was a great defensive effort by UNT.

Defense certainly helped, but I think the single biggest thing that contributed was Tony seeing that he was matched up one on one with Rubit in transition and Rubit already had one foul. Tony took the ball right at him, created contact, drew the foul and Rubit had to sit most of the rest of the first half. Huge play.

• Upvote 1

I think I saw Jon Johnson on the bench last night for the first time. Believe he is now enrolled & can practice with the team. Just a walk on , but I think he can contribute something. Anymore injuries or suspensions and we just might need him

Was he in warm-ups? We had five guys in warm-ups, but only four on the roster not suited up.