UNT to be another player short tonight

Brett Vito

And we have yet to hear who is suspended for tonight's game for doing something wrong.

i almost think that this is a suspension instead of an injury....it's a minor knee thing...players keep getting suspended....maybe it's a cover...

• Upvote 1

i almost think that this is a suspension instead of an injury....it's a minor knee thing...players keep getting suspended....maybe it's a cover...

I hope you're right but this is beginning to concern me. I see a lot of ego. It appears to be a lot of "my way or the highway" mentality. Way too many suspensions for a team of this caliber.

Another couple of incredibly well informed comments. What is the right number of suspensions? Wow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope you're right but this is beginning to concern me. I see a lot of ego. It appears to be a lot of "my way or the highway" mentality. Way too many suspensions for a team of this caliber.

"A team of this caliber"......I hasten to add, if it were a "team of this caliber" the leaders (Hmmmm...do we really have any leaders on this team short of Roger who tries...and a freshman who i will not name that looks to be developing into a leader to me)...would step up, take the team on their collective backs and right the ship. If, of course, it were a team of "this caliber".

"A team of this caliber"......I hasten to add, if it were a "team of this caliber" the leaders (Hmmmm...do we really have any leaders on this team short of Roger who tries...and a freshman who i will not name that looks to be developing into a leader to me)...would step up, take the team on their collective backs and right the ship. If, of course, it were a team of "this caliber".

You wisely left the head coach off your list of potential leaders on the team. Well done.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Why does it have to be the coaches or players fault? Can't the blame be distributed between both? If you think that every player on this team is giving maximum effort or they have loads of heart, you're delusional. If you think Tony Benford does not have some SERIOUS downfalls as a head basketball coach, you too fall into this category. The fact of the matter is that the combination of the two major components of this machine may very well work with other people, but they don't work well together.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by Andrew Balettie
  • Upvote 1

So, when this thing falls on its face again next year, will that be the players fault, also?

Come on, 90, as much as you want to think so, the players do have some responsibility regarding the way a season plays out...yes, as well as the coach. I find it hard to believe that you have absolved the players from all responsibility. This thing takes everyone...players and coaches to be successful. I find it inane that so many here want to completely excuse the players.

Yes, in spite of some, teams do need player leaders...leaders find ways to get the team to finish games...you seen that lately from these guys? Leaders may even call player only meetings to try to right a listing ship. Player leaders often step up and showcase their own skills when things go badly in order to put the team on their own back when needed. We have all seen this stuff at every level.

Find a post where I have ever absolved Benford from his share of the responsibility? He has demonstrated that he is indeed a rookie coach. As a rational poster recently mentioned, this situation is a two way street. Time to realize that it does, indeed, take two to tango...and, if this team is to turn this season around, it is going to take leadership from the players to get it done. If these same players return with the same attitude next season...well..you may be right about the impending disaster if so. Me, I think not...I think we will see a much different situation next season.

But, I am not going to quit on this team...I'll be there Saturday, as probably you will as well, and I will be looking for signs that this team will see a leader or two emerge to help make a run toward the tournament and success there.

• Upvote 5

If Benford returns, next year will also be disasterous.

And there will be wholesale changes in players, so you won't have them to blame.

Once more...and try to get it this time...I am not placing all the blame on the players like you are on Benford. I blame the players for their VERY OBVIOUS role that they play in the way this season is progressing....noticed you did not make tonight's game...hope you watched on line or listened in on the radio...you would have seen what I have been talking about regarding the players.

Please show more once where I have ever said this was all the players fault? I can point to plenty who feel it is all Benford's fault. I believe those folks are dead wrong. Is it against some law that I have a difference of opinion? Seems to be around these parts.

You missed a very different player effort tonight,...sorry for you.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If Benford returns, next year will also be disastrous* (fixed the spelling for you).

And there will be wholesale changes in players, so you won't have them to blame.

Please show us your credentials for making such an outlandish statement? If anyone I could see CJ transfer but it will not kill us. We have a ton of superb guards next year. I have never meet someone who talks with such confidence but knows so little. I am not saying by any means I am the end all be all. I have many friends who know far more then I do. But I do know the role of a coach and the players. You sir seem to have little knowledge on that. Much less any offensive or defensive sets.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Please show us your credentials for making such an outlandish statement? If anyone I could see CJ transfer but it will not kill us. We have a ton of superb guards next year. I have never meet someone who talks with such confidence but knows so little. I am not saying by any means I am the end all be all. I have many friends who know far more then I do. But I do know the role of a coach and the players. You sir seem to have little knowledge on that. Much less any offensive or defensive sets.

I get my info from Skiver. He told me while standing at a urinal that Benford can't coach at all. He should know, supposedly he coaches the Algerian national team...or something.

Surely you wouldn't argue with...well...yourself.

• Upvote 4