GMG Bowl X April 13, 2013 (Mark your calendar)

Harry

gallery_1_87_320083.jpg

gallery_1_167_21967.jpg

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!!! We will play the morning of the Spring UNT football game on April 13th! GMG!!

For More info:

To Make Donations or Pay $25 Participation Fee which Includes a Personalized Game Shirt please click here: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations

Folks...we are going to need a lot more help with this year's event as we want to try to make it our best yet...at this point what I can think of that we need are:

1) Players

2) Sponsors - we have various sponsorship opportunities

3) Silent Auction Items

4) Game Day Help - set-up, registration, silent auction help, take-down

5) Help at game time with yard and down markers

6) Referees - we are looking for folks who have actual flag football referee experience if possible...would like at least 4 referees this year...if at all possible.

7) Team captains

There is a good bit of time to plan now in order to avoid conflicts...get this on your schedules now and let's make this our biggest and best GMG.Com Bowl ever! It is the 10th Anniversary after all...got to do it up big!

AND...ladies, this is a co-ed event!!!! Hoping to have a good turnout by the ladies this year as well. Come on...you know you want to play!

Please PM me if you have thoughts, ideas, want to help, want to volunteer, want to play, have an item to donate to the silent auction, etc., etc.

Let's get this on!

• Upvote 5

I will be out of town for the game but I am willing to help KRAM ahead of time with sponsorship and silent auction items.

Thanks so much Green59....can ALWAYS count on you and your support.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

I'm in . Last year was a great time. I'll check and see what HP has for items to donate for the silent auction.

Thanks Mark.

Super....got you down...really appreciate the silent auction help as well....this year will be even more fun...count on it!

• Upvote 1

I haven't been to one since GMG bowl 6, wearing the shirt as i type this....i think i will be able to make this game, not sure if ill play but if i dont im willing to help out in some way

Great! Glad to have you one way or the other...any possibility that the place where you now work might want to be a sponsor or donate a silent auction item or two?

Greatness that you are wearing the GMG.Com Bowl VI shirt!!!! Collector's items these days! You will look even better in a GMG.Com Bowl X shirt! Count on it!

• Upvote 1

Folks...we have our first three sponsors for the game! I am proud to announce that three great members of the Mean Green Nation have stepped up to help by agreeing to be event sponsors...they are:

Kokjohn Long Snapping - Kevin and Troy Kokjohn

Cross Timbers Equipment - Bryan Waddle

Farmers Insurance - The Overlander Group - Rod Overlander

Really want to thank these three for getting the ball rolling and being so kind as to help sponsor the event. Still plenty of sponsorship opportunities, volunteer opportunities, etc., etc.

Also...where are our players? You know you want to play...so let us know by posting here along with your t-shirt size. Playing fee is once again $25 and includes the player 10th anniversary shirt.

I'm in...XL...and beer...
Posted on the other link but just in case i'm in.. XL... and big thank you to all the sponsers

Thanks smoothfresh and THOR...got you both down. Much appreciate the support.

Smoothfresh...what other link? EDIT: Never mind...I remember now....senior moment, but thanks for reminding me! ha!

THOR...yes, there will be beer! No beer...no game, right? Remember, it's spring game day too, so tailgating is always about beer, yes?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

Courtesy of my recent knee surgery, playing this year just isn't in the cards for me. However, I'd love to volunteer with the game day setup/teardown team. I have access to a PA too if we need it.

Thanks...got you down. Will be in touch. Sending you a PM as well.

• Upvote 1

Folks...we have our first three sponsors for the game! I am proud to announce that three great members of the Mean Green Nation have stepped up to help by agreeing to be event sponsors...they are:

Kokjohn Long Snapping - Kevin and Troy Kokjohn

(www.longsnapperlessons.com)

Cross Timbers Equipment - Bryan Waddle

Farmers Insurance - The Overlander Group - Rod Overlander

Really want to thank these three for getting the ball rolling and being so kind as to help sponsor the event. Still plenty of sponsorship opportunities, volunteer opportunities, etc., etc.

Also...where are our players? You know you want to play...so let us know by posting here along with your t-shirt size. Playing fee is once again $25 and includes the player 10th anniversary shirt.

Folks, in addition to the generous sponsors already stepping up, we have now located a sponsor for the back of the player shirts this year...We have David Anderson of ANDERSON FLOORING to thank for agreeing to sponsor this year.

So, to this date our generous sponsors are::

Anderson Flooring (David and Julie Anderson)

Kokjohn Long Snapping (Troy & Kevin Kokjohn)

(www.longsnapperlessons.com)

The Overlander Group (Rod Overlander)

The chains and down markers are being sponsored by Cross Timbers Equipment (Bryan Waddle)

And, om another sponsorship note...none other than David Pyke (Smitty) has agreed to once again design the logo for the front of our GMG.Com Bowl X shirts! Greatness!

If you cannot play and would like to purchase a shirt ($25) just PM me with your size and the color you would like (green or white). All shirts will be pre-ordered, so if you want one you will need to pre-order through me as few/any extras will be available for purchase on game day.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

I would like to play this time. XL shirt.

Good deal -- thanks for joining us you will have a blast.

Need to get more of the veterans and newbies on board. If you enjoy this site we hope you will find a way to support our cause. We really appreciate everyone's consideration. The date is set. Please let us know you will be a part! GMG!

Player fee STILL only $25....and includes the player t-shirt. You can pay through PayPal as soon as Harry gets the PayPal thingy up on the board, or you can pay by check.

PM me for details regarding payment by check and I'll get back with you ASAP.

Also...folks, if you cannot play and cannot attend, your donations in any amount...any amount...would be greatly appreciated. All proceeds go to support athletic scholarships at UNT. We are helping about 350 scholarship athletes through these efforts. Hope you will want to be part of that and help by signing up to play, signing up to volunteer to help with the event, providing a game sponsorship, providing and item or two or three for the silent auction or by simply making a donation. Anything and everything is greatly appreciated.

You can get any and all questions answered by simply PM'ing me here through GO MEAN GREEN.Com or a simple email to my office at: mmiller@ipi.org.

Thanks for the support of this event...it matters to our scholarship athletes and to our program at UNT.

• Upvote 1