Team GPA and Special Teams Position

MeanGreenGlory

You guys really think a HS coach can't be a college position coach? Calm down, do you think all college coaches started out that way?

Let's set aside the obvious sensitivities to high school coaches unique to our fine university.

It seems to me that coaches choose their paths early on, either taking up with a high school staff or taking graduate assistant positions in the college ranks, taking their lumps and moving up the ladder.

Not let's return to the obvious sensitivities to high school coaches unique to our fine university, and let me reiterate, NO! NO! MORE CAPS LOCKS NO! HELL NO!

Chad Morris, Art Briles, Todd Graham, Dennis Francione, Bill Snyder, mike leach. All coached HS at some point. Some of you guys seriously have no clue.

Nice try except Mike Leach has never been a high school coach. I can't speak for the others except Franchione who I know has. I agree that many excellent coaches have at one time coached in high school. I also noted that Todd Monken, the new coach at Southern Miss, hired a position coach from high school. So it is still being done. I don't really care the background of the coach as long as he has rapport with high school coaches that are constantly in the playoffs. You won't get a known figure from the college ranks at that position and salary but you can get a very capable coach from either level. As long as he's effective, I don't really care from whence he came.

Missed on leach but you catch my point. Coaching is coaching...now is everyone capable at every level? Hell no! But just bc you start as a HS coach does not mean you can't be successful at the next level.

Yep . . . the lesson to be learned from our experiences is not that high school coaches can never be college coaches at all. . . . The lessons are (1) you don't hire a college HEAD coach directly from the high school coaching ranks; and (2) you don't fill your entire staff with coaches directly from the high school coaching ranks.

Yep . . . the lesson to be learned from our experiences is not that high school coaches can never be college coaches at all. . . . The lessons are (1) you don't hire a college HEAD coach directly from the high school coaching ranks; and (2) you don't fill your entire staff with coaches directly from the high school coaching ranks.

evidently, especially your defensive coordinator