Boise staying in MWC

NT03

Just another nail in the BE coffin. I wonder how many more it will take?

The MWC will go after SDSU now. Then look at UTEP, UH, Tulsa, and SMU. Would it suck if we lost UTEP and Tulsa, yes. But if and when the BE folds we could add back Memphis, UCF, Tulane and others. Although I'm sure the CUSA commish is kicking himself in the nuts with the ODU add.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 2

Just another nail in the BE coffin. I wonder how many more it will take?

The MWC will go after SDSU now. Then look at UTEP, UH, Tulsa, and SMU. Would it suck if we lost UTEP and Tulsa, yes. But if and when the BE folds we could add back Memphis, UCF, Tulane and others. Although I'm sure the CUSA commish is kicking himself in the nuts with the ODU add.

Good point. Just give me regional competition !

• Upvote 1

I have a hard time believing MWC is terribly interested in Tulsa, SMU, or Houston at this point.

They will take back SDSU unless they think they can lure BYU back.

I don't see any of them brining enough dollars to the table to make the travel worth the time and cost.

The question is will the rest of nBE stay together. I feel pretty confident that Memphis, Cincy, UConn, and Temple want to be together and want to add schools that help basketball because all four make too much off basketball to add just anyone. I see them pushing to look at schools like UMass, ODU, Charlotte, UAB and maybe Tulsa.

I'm not sure that what Memphis, Cincy, UConn, and Temple want is compatible with what Houston and SMU and maybe Tulane want.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How crazy would that be if UTSA got an invite?? From nothing to in the top non-BCS conference in a coupe of years.

Whatever the scenario, I like our spot. Playing more known opponents, may have the ability to eat up some of the nBE leftovers, and SMU without a home. The only thing better that could happen is SMU to the Sun Belt. Haha

• Upvote 2