Time For A New Conference - CUSA Board Thread

MeanGreen61

If nBE tries to decimate the MWC then this scenario is not out of the realm of possibility.

The onus would have to be on the Mountain West because they would be reduced to seven or eight teams with few choices for survival. San Jose State has been approved as an addition so they would have to be included. He later said Air Force to nBE and that's a possibility but if they choose not to go as is their current posture then that would still leave eight.

They need to add four at the minimum and seem to prefer long-established FBS members. The four closest are UTEP, Tulsa, North Texas and Rice. Except for maybe Tulsa, the conference has no consistent football winner. The next nearest really consistent winner is USM. LaTech is between the Texas members and Southern Miss so they would be taken to even the number of teams. They also have have a much better record than any other Louisiana team. If the AFA should opt to go to the nBE then another school would need to be chosen. I really like Marshall but they would be so goshawful far. New Mexico State has one of the worst records in the FBS and has not been acceptable previously. My choice would be UL-Lafayette, or as they prefer to be called...Louisiana.

I'll admit that I do like the proposed makeup of this conference and while I really don't want to do anything to destroy or downgrade CUSA, it does improve the standing of every member. I don't think that this will happen but if the not-so Big East continues raiding the two conferences somewhere we must take a stand.

If nBE tries to decimate the MWC then this scenario is not out of the realm of possibility.

The onus would have to be on the Mountain West because they would be reduced to seven or eight teams with few choices for survival. San Jose State has been approved as an addition so they would have to be included. He later said Air Force to nBE and that's a possibility but if they choose not to go as is their current posture then that would still leave eight.

They need to add four at the minimum and seem to prefer long-established FBS members. The four closest are UTEP, Tulsa, North Texas and Rice. Except for maybe Tulsa, the conference has no consistent football winner. The next nearest really consistent winner is USM. LaTech is between the Texas members and Southern Miss so they would be taken to even the number of teams. They also have have a much better record than any other Louisiana team. If the AFA should opt to go to the nBE then another school would need to be chosen. I really like Marshall but they would be so goshawful far. New Mexico State has one of the worst records in the FBS and has not been acceptable previously. My choice would be UL-Lafayette, or as they prefer to be called...Louisiana.

I'll admit that I do like the proposed makeup of this conference and while I really don't want to do anything to destroy or downgrade CUSA, it does improve the standing of every member. I don't think that this will happen but if the not-so Big East continues raiding the two conferences somewhere we must take a stand.

If they focus on adding schools in the West like Fresno and UNLV C-USA would be ok.