Lehigh Game Promotion!

Harry

With respect...no one is upset with someone's generosity.

We're upset that the product on the floor has forced their hand.

Nope...wrong...the comments were about the promotion...as are mine. You will note that some even feel like it is not a promotion at all...then others go on and on...so, with respcet to you my Yankee friend...it "ain't about the product on the floor"...this time anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Our highlight home game of the season, and NT is giving away tickets.

Sad really. This is a game I penciled in at the beginning of the year as seeing 6, maybe 7K + in attendance. Now we have to give tickets away just make the pit look half full. Another P.O.S performance and I bet this is the last home game that we see over 2,000 for a long time

P.S : im glad someone stepped up , its just sad that it's already coming to this

#rantover

".,people see the team...people might just come back and buy tickets"

Hahahahahaha

People have seen and heard about this team, that's why we have to give away tickets.

Mr. Sunshine. no matter what unless someone disagrees with you.

If giving away free tickets, is a promotion; it is a lame one. Economic justification, as you have attempted, does not work. How many people that won't spring for a $7 ticket are going buy big amounts of anything. Probably only those that would have came anyway and bought tickets if they couldn't have got them for free.

As far as people liking what they see and coming back as paying customers, it seldom happens. What does happen if you do this type of "promotion" too many times is that your product is cheapened and people who actually have been buying tickets wonder why.

No I don't see this as a promotion or a thanks to supporters. It is more an attempt to not be embarrassed by bad attendance for a much ballyhooed game. . I would be happy if it added thousands to the attendance, but I doubt this ticket give away has any real effect.

Why not just give tickets away at the gate? Our most celebrated home game of the year and the Super Pit will be a ghost town.

Benford'd

Nope...wrong...the comments were about the promotion...as are mine. You will note that some even feel like it is not a promotion at all...then others go on and on...so, with respcet to you my Yankee friend...it "ain't about the product on the floor"...this time anyway.

I think it's a fine promotion...I've thought for years that giving away tickets for certain games would do wonders for buoying attendance.

However...at the beginning of the season the Lehigh game was billed as the top game at the Pit...2 NBA players going head-to-head for two of the top Mid-Major programs in the country. The product on the floor...at least on one side...has no longer made that billing accurate. Whether the AD initiated it or it was pure generosity on the part of the donor, the fact remains this move was done to avoid/salve what would have been an embarrassing turn-out.

Had this team...even remotely...lived up to expectations, giving away tickets for this game would set a Pit attendance record. Instead I'll set the over/under at 4500...and take the under. And that fact is the source of the frustration.

• Upvote 5

I think it's a fine promotion...I've thought for years that giving away tickets for certain games would do wonders for buoying attendance.

However...at the beginning of the season the Lehigh game was billed as the top game at the Pit...2 NBA players going head-to-head for two of the top Mid-Major programs in the country. The product on the floor...at least on one side...has no longer made that billing accurate. Whether the AD initiated it or it was pure generosity on the part of the donor, the fact remains this move was done to avoid/salve what would have been an embarrassing turn-out.

Had this team...even remotely...lived up to expectations, giving away tickets for this game would set a Pit attendance record. Instead I'll set the over/under at 4500...and take the under. And that fact is the source of the frustration.

Bingo.

Take it FWIW, when I picked up tickets at 1, they were sold out of the lower bowl. Not sure if that means sold out of the promotional tickets, which seems to be in the baseline reserved areas, or sold out of everything, but people there picking up tickets were being given upper bowl tickets.

People still have to actually show up, but it would be cool to have a nice crowd, and even cooler to see some good basketball out of the good guys.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I asked for two extras via the web link, but can't make it up to apogee. I appreciate the generosity, but I wish I could have just printed out my tix, or have been sent a barcode that can be pulled up on my phone and then scanned at the door. Little things like this help. Kram before you jump on this, let it be known I'm not complaining just trying to make a small point and maybe someone who matters can pass along this little tip and usher NT into the modern era.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

I was told, and the email I received tends to support this, that the extra tickets were offered to Mean Green Club and season ticket holders first. The public offering, through Facebook and other communications, came at least a day later.

That's how I read it as well. But, hey....

• Upvote 1

I was told, and the email I received tends to support this, that the extra tickets were offered to Mean Green Club and season ticket holders first. The public offering, through Facebook and other communications, came at least a day later.

I got my MGC email about it, then the next day I got a general email from the AD/School. So they didn't allow for a whole lot of time between offers to MGC members and the public. Who cares as long as people show up.

I asked for two extras via the web link, but can't make it up to apogee. I appreciate the generosity, but I wish I could have just printed out my tix, or have been sent a barcode that can be pulled up on my phone and then scanned at the door. Little things like this help. Kram before you jump on this, let it be known I'm not complaining just trying to make a small point and maybe someone who matters can pass along this little tip and usher NT into the modern era.

U want me t pick urs up when I get mine? If they will let me, I'll gladly do it. The kid and I will be tailgating there early....let me know dude.

Edited by THOR

I got my MGC email about it, then the next day I got a general email from the AD/School. So they didn't allow for a whole lot of time between offers to MGC members and the public. Who cares as long as people show up.

I'll have at least 1 xtra. Shoot me a text if u need it.

Read on Twitter that the lower bowl is sold out...we shall see how many actually show up...I expect a good game, I decided to fly to Newark tomorrow instead of today for this freaking game.

This is a "Secret Santa". This anonymous person probably purchased the entirety of tonight's tickets. Of course it's sold out. You're right though, we'll see how many actually show...

• Upvote 1

This is a "Secret Santa". This anonymous person probably purchased the entirety of tonight's tickets. Of course it's sold out. You're right though, we'll see how many actually show...

So, 2500 may actually show up, but the announced attendance will be 6K?

Fine with me.