Hows about we take some risks the last two weeks?

oldguystudent

You know that playbook that Chico and Mac won't open up because our offense isn't capable of executing it? Screw it, let's try it the last two games. What's the worst that can happen?

Guaranteed we don't win out using the same 1 yard rush approach we've been stuck in all season.

I realize the percentages are woefully low, but hey, maybe we catch lightning in a bottle (or, you know, the ball).

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

You know that playbook that Chico and Mac won't open up because our offense isn't capable of executing it? Screw it, let's try it the last two games. What's the worst that can happen?

Guaranteed we don't win out using the same 1 yard rush approach we've been stuck in all season.

I realize the percentages are woefully low, but hey, maybe we catch lightning in a bottle (or, you know, the ball).

Not

Gonna

Happen

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Would be nice to see, but I would assume these will be Chico's last two games with the Mean Green. His offensive style does not meld with DD, I mean DMacs style of bruising run and short dump screens

I'm not so sure about this. I think they are calling plays to the strength of the offensive unit.

I bet Chico is salivating at the prospect of having Berglund at the helm. This is complete and total speculation on my part... I have no information other than what I've seen and heard(george and hank) this season...

There really is no harm in trying some things.... Carlos harris can be a solid playmaker... but the problem is, who else do you fear? Jeremy Brown? The Juco receiver whose name escapes me right now?

Chancellor and the Jimmy show are out. Thompson doesn't deliver the ball on time or on target consistently... Strength of the team is the oline and pounding the rock.

What we need is to take some chances on D to put some pressure to force bad decisions. But, with 2 good/poised qb's for Monroe, I'm not holding my breathe that this will happen tomorrow. I'll be hoping, but I'm not gonna be putting the mortgage money on the line for U of NT to cover or win. There's always next year... I suppose.

Go Mean Green

Would be nice to see, but I would assume these will be Chico's last two games with the Mean Green. His offensive style does not meld with DD, I mean DMacs style of bruising run and short dump screens

Is Chico only on a one year contract? I just don't know if I see this happening.

I'm not so sure about this. I think they are calling plays to the strength of the offensive unit.

I bet Chico is salivating at the prospect of having Berglund at the helm. This is complete and total speculation on my part... I have no information other than what I've seen and heard(george and hank) this season...

There really is no harm in trying some things.... Carlos harris can be a solid playmaker... but the problem is, who else do you fear? Jeremy Brown? The Juco receiver whose name escapes me right now?

Chancellor and the Jimmy show are out. Thompson doesn't deliver the ball on time or on target consistently... Strength of the team is the oline and pounding the rock.

What we need is to take some chances on D to put some pressure to force bad decisions. But, with 2 good/poised qb's for Monroe, I'm not holding my breathe that this will happen tomorrow. I'll be hoping, but I'm not gonna be putting the mortgage money on the line for U of NT to cover or win. There's always next year... I suppose.

Go Mean Green

I hope that is the case, just night and day difference in playcalling from end of 2010 to now.

Chico can come up with some great game plans ---see KSU this year and @ FAU 3 years ago. Schnelly did not even know who James Hamilton was until half and he had over 200 yards from the Wild Eagle spot. He could not understand how we continued to run so well when Dunbar was being double teamed. Just let Chico do his thing like when he was interim and you'll see a whole new gun slinging offense. Come on Mac let your OC run his own show!!!

• Upvote 1

Well then, as they say in University Park, "Pony Up!"

I'm assuming that you are talking about more money. If so, then I am wondering something....pony up for what?

We've already ponied up (actually the students by increased fees) for a new stadium...everyone that comes to it is very impressed.

We've already ponied up for a better coaching staff....do we need to pay them more in order for them to coach better? Do we need to pay them more to recruit better? If so, then that implies that they've been holding back all this time....and should therefore be fired.

We've ponied up for other athletic facilities as well, but that really isn't going to attract better football players.

Other than lots more money to start bribing better athletes (particularly dominating d-tackles and QB's and DB's) what do we need more ponying up for?

• Upvote 2

I'm assuming that you are talking about more money. If so, then I am wondering something....pony up for what?

We've already ponied up (actually the students by increased fees) for a new stadium...everyone that comes to it is very impressed.

We've already ponied up for a better coaching staff....do we need to pay them more in order for them to coach better? Do we need to pay them more to recruit better? If so, then that implies that they've been holding back all this time....and should therefore be fired.

We've ponied up for other athletic facilities as well, but that really isn't going to attract better football players.

Other than lots more money to start bribing better athletes (particularly dominating d-tackles and QB's and DB's) what do we need more ponying up for?

This X 1 million