What y'all doing this weekend (no game)?

Saturday - running 20-22 miles...watching a buddy fight in some sort of MMA competition (I've never watch any fights so I've no idea if "MMA" is not specific enough...only going to support a friend)

Sunday - Sunday crossword and coffee...getting in 18 assuming the weather's good and my legs allow it after Saturday's run.

• Upvote 1

As an avid hiker who gets in 4-5 hikes a year, the bye week is the only weekend I get to go somewhere in the Fall. Last year, it was a three day hike from the western edge of Joshua Tree National Park to the Eastern edge.

JT2.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Leaving tonight to do the Santa Rosa Mountains. Base camp at Horse Thief Creek. Day hikes to the Pinyon Flats, Mount Martinez, and the Cactus Springs.

• Upvote 2

As an avid hiker who gets in 4-5 hikes a year, the bye week is the only weekend I get to go somewhere in the Fall. Last year, it was a three day hike from the western edge of Joshua Tree National Park to the Eastern edge.

JT2.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Leaving tonight to do the Santa Rosa Mountains. Base camp at Horse Thief Creek. Day hikes to the Pinyon Flats, Mount Martinez, and the Cactus Springs.

You win.

• Upvote 2

Did you ever finish the gf's bike? Looks like it in the background. I hadn't seen the finished product if so.

Didnt remember posting about that project on here... But here is the finished(for now) 1949 JC Higgins ColorFlow I restored from an East Texas bucket of rust for her.

photo-45.jpg?t=1340567362

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

Actually, all of my hikes are pilgrimages to the sites where the 5 hookers are buried. So I'm really no different.

standingovation.jpg

Shuke-D is the Alzee Williams of GMG.com.

Smooth. Cerebral. Knows his game, knows his range. Totally in command of his skill set. Not a volume shooter, but deadly reliable when he decides to step up and assert himself.

A professional. A low-profile star. A fan favorite for the obsessive observer.

Didnt remember posting about that project on here... But here is the finished(for now) 1949 JC Higgins ColorFlow I restored from an East Texas bucket of rust for her.

photo-45.jpg?t=1340567362

That is a sweet ride. Great job.

Yeah I think I first saw it on that link you had to a bike rebuild website. Or, am I stalking you?

• Upvote 1

That is a sweet ride. Great job.

Yeah I think I first saw it on that link you had to a bike rebuild website. Or, am I stalking you?

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, but the thing almost never gets ridden. It weighs nearly 80 pounds... I've already been told I have to build her a lightweight "road bike" now.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out, but the thing almost never gets ridden. It weighs nearly 80 pounds... I've already been told I have to build her a lightweight "road bike" now.

If you ever think of taking this kind of work on as a permanent gig, you'd make an absolute killing here in the Northeast.

• Upvote 1