Marketing for the ULL game...

meangreener

I'm totally blown away with the marketing for the ULL game. When I was watching the Texans on ESPN, I saw like five commercials, all the restaurants in the Denton area are running a deal/free ticket thing of some sort, on campus there are posters EVERYWHERE, and even in Fort Worth there are miscellanious stores and restaurants advertising the game. Unfortunately it looks like the cancelling classes thing failed, but they're giving the students free popcorn (hilarious, it's all going to be on the field). This is why I think attendance will be huge. But why does it take a ESPN game to market our football team?

• Upvote 3

Unfortunately the free popcorn coupons were given out at the first 2 home games as well and the snack was supposed to be thrown after the first UNT touchdown and nothing happened both times. That being said, very pleased with the amount of promotion for the game

So, airborne tortillas = bad. flinging popcorn = good.

• Upvote 2

BTW, The "I'll be there's" were recorded at the Friday night pep rally in Houston - I recognized the tent. They must have done it before the event really started (and before I got there). Notice Rob McKinney (Alumni Association), Nick Williams (Green Brigade director), and DFW alums who were staying at the team hotel.

Unfortunately the free popcorn coupons were given out at the first 2 home games as well and the snack was supposed to be thrown after the first UNT touchdown and nothing happened both times. That being said, very pleased with the amount of promotion for the game

On the contrary, I threw it in an old woman's face.

• Upvote 2

One hellofa idea, although that would cost a pretty penny.

And worth every cent to have one of the most listened to stations in the nation, staffed full of NT alums, and the "home" of $mut broadcast all day, talking up the new stadium and upcoming move to CUSA, and inviting people listening to come up to watch the game after they get off work.

And worth every cent to have one of the most listened to stations in the nation, staffed full of NT alums, and the "home" of $mut broadcast all day, talking up the new stadium and upcoming move to CUSA, and inviting people listening to come up to watch the game after they get off work.

True story. The Ticket should be there... It makes complete sense. A ton of The Ticket guys are UNT alumni anyways.

This would have been a great idea to bring up sooner! Maybe next time? Either way I hope all of you get to enjoy a full stadium if all of this marketing works well. And most of the students will be done with classes in time to get to the game anyway. Can't wait for the attendance update. I really wanna make it back soon... :(

Hope its as close to a sellout as we can make it. ESPN2 can do us some favors with the camera work (a la TXA21 and the Texas Southern game) to emphasize the crowd that is there.

Look forward to the beautiful weather tomorrow night in our beautiful home of Apogee Stadium. Hope the team shows up and kicks the Ragin' Cajuns a$$