H-towngreen

The total number of seniors we lose after this season. Only a handful are serious contributors and even our biggest loss will be easily replaced next season(stojk) my point is that this is a young team.

Jeremy Philips

Andrew Power

Will Atterbury

Ivan Delgado

Tevin Cantly

K.C Obi

Coleman Feeley

Chris Bynes

Aaron Fortenberry

Daniel Prior

Jeremy Brown

John Dodson

Kevin Maduka

Raymond Burks

Cory Brown

• Upvote 1

If by handful, you mean nine guys who have started, then yeah.

I look at that and it makes me feel worse.

2 of our 3 best blockers, our best outside WR, 2 DL where we have very little size or depth, and a very good punter who's pretty important if we're going to continue to sit on the ball and play field position with people.

• Upvote 2

2 of our 3 best blockers, our best outside WR, 2 DL where we have very little size or depth, and a very good punter who's pretty important if we're going to continue to sit on the ball and play field position with people.

I was just thinking that...

Outside of Philips, who will be replaced by stojk, none of those loses seem that big. If Feeley is our best blocker why is he in a 50/50 split? Online is our deepest position. Cantly and Obi play buy I wouldn't call either big losses, or guys we can't easily replace. Losing Atterbury will be tough.

We are not losing All Conference caliber players here!

I also posted this to show how little we have in terms of upperclassman.

Edited by H-towngreen

IMO, our significant losses ranked in order of significance . . .

1. Aaron Fortenberry (here's hoping Boone Feldt comes on . . . but I don't think he'll be able to jump right in and fill those shoes)

2. Will Atterbury (I just don't know anything about the walk-on behind him, and I don't know how Coach Mac feels about recruiting punters as scholarship players)

3. Andrew Power (we will miss his blocking ability at the TE position . . . if Prior is back, I'll feel a little better)

4. Jeremy Philips (has been one of our biggest playmakers on defense during his time at UNT)

5. Ivan Delgado (he's actually our leader in receptions this year)

6. K.C. Obi (he's our current sack leader)

7. Tevin Cantly (he's a defensive tackle, and he's a big dude--that's pretty nice)

8. Coleman Feeley (pretty solid O-lineman)

9. Jeremy Brown (I think we'll be okay with #24, JimJim, and Reggie Pegram coming in)

10. Chris Bynes (he's very borderline making the list of "significant losses" . . . but he has done pretty well when he gets the ball)

• Upvote 1

IMO, our significant losses ranked in order of significance . . .

1. Aaron Fortenberry (here's hoping Boone Feldt comes on . . . but I don't think he'll be able to jump right in and fill those shoes)

2. Will Atterbury (I just don't know anything about the walk-on behind him, and I don't know how Coach Mac feels about recruiting punters as scholarship players)

3. Andrew Power (we will miss his blocking ability at the TE position . . . if Prior is back, I'll feel a little better)

4. Jeremy Philips (has been one of our biggest playmakers on defense during his time at UNT)

5. Ivan Delgado (he's actually our leader in receptions this year)

6. K.C. Obi (he's our current sack leader)

7. Tevin Cantly (he's a defensive tackle, and he's a big dude--that's pretty nice)

8. Coleman Feeley (pretty solid O-lineman)

9. Jeremy Brown (I think we'll be okay with #24, JimJim, and Reggie Pegram coming in)

10. Chris Bynes (he's very borderline making the list of "significant losses" . . . but he has done pretty well when he gets the ball)

Bynes has been under-achieving his whole tenure. He has some nice ability, but lately it seems like if DT is not hitting him in stride, he makes little to no effort to get the ball.