Yet Another Fatal Family Pit Bull Attack

"Last year, 42 people were killed in the U.S. by a dog. And in 27 of those deaths, the dog was a pit bull."

Enough said

2013 Automobile deaths in the US -- 33,804 

2013 Firearm deaths in the US -- 33,636

2013 Poisoning deaths in the US -- 48,545 

2013 Drug-Induced Deaths in the US -- 46,471

2013 Alcohol induced deaths in the US -- 29,001

Source:  CDC

2014 Deaths by Pitbull in the US -- 42

I mean, really.  Where's the outrage?  

Enough said.

Pitt Bull outrage ..?? .... 27 of the 42 dog caused deaths were pit-bulls.... which is: .. . 64%...   What percent of dogs are pit-bulls....   Not even close to 64% .. and this does not include people who are seriously "chewed-up" and live over it....

Another subject ... but firearm deaths almost equal auto-accident deaths...  and a lot of them are accidents by people who have no business with one... Wonder how many lives were saved by someone other than police having one...  I'm not anti-gun... just seen too many extremely careless with them.

• Downvote 1

Pitt Bull outrage ..?? .... 27 of the 42 dog caused deaths were pit-bulls.... which is: .. . 64%...   What percent of dogs are pit-bulls....   Not even close to 64% .. and this does not include people who are seriously "chewed-up" and live over it....

Another subject ... but firearm deaths almost equal auto-accident deaths...  and a lot of them are accidents by people who have no business with one... Wonder how many lives were saved by someone other than police having one...  I'm not anti-gun... just seen too many extremely careless with them.

Per page 22 within the CDC link given above the majority of firearm deaths are "Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms".

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

Two people in North Dallas are alive.  Hard to say what would have happened differently had one of them not had a gun but they are alive today.

• Upvote 1

Per page 22 within the CDC link given above the majority of firearm deaths are "Intentional self-harm (suicide) by discharge of firearms".

Rick

Since many of the pandemic pit bull deaths are members of the owners' families, I didn't bother making that distinction, but since we'd like to, there were still 11,208 firearm homicides in 2013.  Even discarding all the self harm and accidental shootings (about 500), the remainder is still a wee bit higher than 42.

Since many of the pandemic pit bull deaths are members of the owners' families, I didn't bother making that distinction, but since we'd like to, there were still 11,208 firearm homicides in 2013.  Even discarding all the self harm and accidental shootings (about 500), the remainder is still a wee bit higher than 42.

Were all 42 deaths posted in this thread? Seems like we got most of them in.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 6

Were all 42 deaths posted in this thread? Seems like we got most of them in.

Maybe, but now I am kinda curious to see a case of suicide by pit bull.

"John, I'm standing here at the Shady Broads Apartment Complex on the Corner of Sticks and Stones.  Police found the victim in her apartment dead of apparent self inflicted pit bull wounds.  The coroner has ordered an autopsy and city officials have taken slobber samples.  It's a sad day for those of us in the tri-hamlet area as we find ourselves wondering, 'Just who is a good boy?'"

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A little boy just two days shy of his sixth birthday was killed after he was attacked by two dogs and mauled to death in Texas, officials said.

Tanner Smith, a kindergartener who would have turned six on Tuesday, was severely bitten numerous times by two pit bulls around 7 p.m. Sunday while the boy was at a family friend’s Vidor home, the Orange County Sheriff's Department told INSIDE EDITION.

Tanner was bitten about 16 times, with one bit going through an artery in his neck, his grandmother, Melissa Phillips, told KFDM News.

An autopsy will determine the cause of death, but the boy's neck was so severely mauled, medical examiners were having a hard time making a final determination, officials said. 

Tanner's mother brought her son along to a visit with her friend, whose father owns the home and dogs, police said. That man was assumed to be outside with Tanner, but he was not there when the dogs attacked the five-year-old boy in the fenced-in yard, cops said. 

http://news.yahoo.com/5-old-boy-days-away-172740628.html

• 1 month later...