Props to the band

James329

They were great, and I loved the uniforms. Why didn't the wear that to open the stadium last year? Don't care if it's hot. Don't think I've seen UT's band in shorts and t-shirts. To become a legit program, act like a big program. They did that tonight. Great job!

are we talking football program or music program? cause if we're talking Green Brigade I assume we're talking music program - which the Green Brigade puts UT to shame in both the "legit" and "big" program categories

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm talking about the BG at football games. Would never question their top notch talent for sure. I was merely trying to complement them for not wearing shorts and t-shirts like they did against Houston. It's a minor thing, but perception is reality. They're awesome. Glad to see them dressed in a way that garners the respect they deserve. They looked amazing on the field, in the stands, and in their performance. Top notch! Made me proud.

• Upvote 2

Don't care if it's hot. Don't think I've seen UT's band in shorts and t-shirts.

I have, - the last time we played @ UT. It was incredibly hot that day. Well, not t-shirts & shorts, but polos & khakis, which I think is what the Green Brigade frequently wears at the first game when it is too hot. The only problem when the Green Brigade does it is the students have to wear their own khakis, and they aren't uniform (hence the word).

But I also remember hearing that the Green Brigade was planning to wear uniforms at the Apogee opener, but they grew in size last year, they didn't have enough uniforms, and the additional uniforms that were ordered didn't arrive in time. Not sure if that was the case, or just the heat.

• Upvote 1

While not usually caring about what the band wears, I must say I did enjoy the uniform look and hope it continues throughout the season.

As for the Houston ga,e being too hot, the high that day was 88 degrees.

Wouldn't shock me that we didn't have uniforms in time. It seems we can;t get anything done in time (see the unused foot bridge yesterday).

• Upvote 1

They were great, and I loved the uniforms. Why didn't the wear that to open the stadium last year? Don't care if it's hot. Don't think I've seen UT's band in shorts and t-shirts. To become a legit program, act like a big program. They did that tonight. Great job!

The Green Brigade is about as big time as marching bands get and they have been for years now. Don't be a douchebag about uniforms - heat is heat, and a uniform made of wool is asking for a bunch of kids to get sick or worse. Oh, and about bands in alternate uniforms? It happens. It happens even more in Texas.

To become a legit program, act like a big program. They did that tonight. Great job!

If what a band team wears signifies in our becoming legitimate then something is severely wrong. I like uniforms but I don't have a problem with shorts especially when it is hot as balls outside. And regardless of what other schools do let's do things our way...the North Texas way.

As usually is the case in the Fall which is my busiest time of the year as a DJ, I was at a Wedding Reception last night out at the Parker County Sherrif's Possee event center but...

....when I got home around midnight I watched a replay of our game and when it came to the half time show (and I've seen many since 1973) what I

saw was one of the best Green Brigade performances I'd ever seen bar none. I have no idea how it translated to you who saw it in person, but what I saw in the replay was

simply amazing. Their band unis' looked great, too, and I am glad it was cool enough for them to get to wear them.

It was also interesting that UNT alum Dave Barnett interviewed Bill Mercer during part of the game. I have no idea what age Mercer is but he is still quite sharp and still has that humor about him.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I've always the band to go the "Jazz" look with black pants, a green sport coat, a black fidora hat (a la Tom Landry) and sunglasses. Now THAT would be cool.

I think it would also be cool if one senior (different one for each home game) would do a solo "Star Spangled Banner" before every home game. They use to do that at the Cowboy games years ago. It was a great radition that JJ let go of.

• Upvote 1

The GB members are really busting their butts this year. Their big exhibition performance is earlier than most years, the night of September 29th at Apogee (BOA High School Marching Band Competition). Their annual "Sounds of the Stadium" concert is October 22nd at the Super Pit. Mark your calendars, folks!

I love the Mean Green Brigade and really enjoyed last nights performance. Just one question with an apology.

Do you have any idea why we can't get the football team to jive at the appropriate time for the mean green march? They seem to show up earlier than they are suppose to and many people end up missing what used to be a really great tradition and event. Yesterday we noticed the team arrived about 17 minutes early and just walked right around y'all and it looked very unorganized.

And for all y'all do for us and even staying late and playing for the crowd, I apologize that afterward you have to walk and haul your instruments and gear back across campus. That just doesn't seem right?

Rick

• Upvote 2