What's wrong with Thompson?

UNTcrazy727

i'm a DT fan since he is the best we have right now. i'm also very excited about having Burgland though. He seems like the perfect QB for Canalas's offense. It will be a battle come next spring that will only make them both better. This is what Coach Mac said we needed, depth and competition within the various positions. Good stuff

• Upvote 1

He had a rough day. Give the guy a break. At least it came against a team we were going to beat regardless. He'll correct the mistakes this week and come back strong next week. And yes H-Town, DT is still the sure-fire starter next year. Berglund couldn't even beat out a JUCO scrub and you just wanna hand him the offense? Get real.

Edited by cl_1_2008
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Very discouraging. This can't be ignored. This is a game where he should be able to build confidence. He was so bad they pretty much had to abandon the pasting game, either to not hurt his confidence, to not show too much offensively, or to flat win the game. The kid is a leader and he will battle, but that's disheartening from a junior QB on a young team. This team will need a lot better than that if they think they will even sniff 6 wins.

• Upvote 1

He wasn't all that bad. Those two over throws to Chancellor in the end zone just stood out like a sore thumb. Well, a couple of others also, as well as the ridiculous pop fly throw away, but I'm thinking that he will get it together. Don't exactly know why I think that, except that I've seen him play a much better QB in the past.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To his credit, DT started slow last year as well. The LSU game, like the Bama game, didn't really allow DT to do much...besides that awesome slant and a few throws. However, this is a game they didnt have on the schedule last year where I think he could have developed some chemistry with his receivers and gained some confidence heading into 2 tough games. Just expected a better showing. He was definitely off.

• Upvote 1

He had a rough day. Give the guy a break. At least it came against a team we were going to beat regardless. He'll correct the mistakes this week and come back strong next week. And yes H-Town, DT is still the sure-fire starter next year. Berglund couldn't even beat out a JUCO scrub and you just wanna hand him the offense? Get real.

I think Berglund could manage 10-22 against TSU. But he adds in the other dimension with the ability to run that Canales loves. Look back at his USF days with Matt Grothe and BJ Daniels

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, that's great that you think that. But I'll reserve my judgment until I actually see him play. If he was half as good as some of y'all seem to think, he probably could have won a starting job at a junior college. And it's not like he got beat out by some stud that couldn't qualify for D-1 schools. Thompson had a rough game, there's no denying that. But the rush to replace him with a guy we know nothing about (other than he was a highly rated recruit, which we've seen time and time again means little to nothing), is flat-out comical.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I think Berglund could manage 10-22 against TSU. But he adds in the other dimension with the ability to run that Canales loves. Look back at his USF days with Matt Grothe and BJ Daniels

Berglund has not played one down of college football and you want to hand him the job?

DT will be the starter next year.

He had a bad game. Sadly, against bad competition. Hopefully he learns and improves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you are going to have a bad game, this was the game to do it. The wind seemed to be a big factor for all QB's, and frankly the wrs for the most part were not getting open. Delgado and Bynes both looked slow and were not getting open. Chancellor was pretty much taken out of the game by coverages which should have left the other wrs more open.

Thompson definitely had an off game but I am more worried about the wr position.