UNT lost to LSU 41-14

emmitt01

I saw some good things tonight. We were able to get to the LSU QB and hit him hard. If we can get to the LSU QBs we can get to the Sun Belt QBs. Our young secondary did a fair job for being completly new. Chancellor had a great game against a talented secondary. The young RBs did a good job. Jimmerson looks like he could be a beast in the Sun Belt. I love that LSU was still playing their starters at the end of the game. I think we have a team that can compete at the top level of the Sun Belt.

• Upvote 6

Mac had the team ready. It felt good to see the team fight until the end. Not getting run out of the stadium in the first half is a good feeling. At times, it felt like the damn was about to burst in the 1st qtr, but our guys kept pushing forward. Shows what a good coach can accomplish....

• Upvote 1

Respectable Loss for UNT.

Bad Win for Lsu.

Talk about Whitfield. Gave up a big play early but was lock down after.

Even got the 1st INT this season.

Some of y'all on the board gave the coaching staff flack because of this.

I like jimmerson over Byrd

Delgado had 2 bad drops, disappointed

DT looked smooth that 2nd half

Defense overall is 3x more athletic than last year

• Upvote 1

Call me a homer, but I don't see us losing 5 games. Kansas State sure, but I'll be disappointed if we lose 3 games other than that. This team is only gonna get better as the year goes on. Houston just got waxed by freaking Texas State. Every game from here on out is winnable, and the only one we'll be big underdogs in is Kansas State.

• Upvote 1

Call me a homer, but I don't see us losing 5 games. Kansas State sure, but I'll be disappointed if we lose 3 games other than that. This team is only gonna get better as the year goes on. Houston just got waxed by freaking Texas State. Every game from here on out is winnable, and the only one we'll be big underdogs in is Kansas State.

Homer!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I wanna get on board with you, I really do. I know, though, that the biggest improvement is made between the first game and the second. In our case our second game will tell us even less than our first one did. I'm just saying that Houston and K-State will see a more pronounced learning curve in week two than we will. I am pleasantly surprised by what I've seen thus far.

• Upvote 2

We play the same game against KSU UH and we're in it to win it. I saw all I needed to see tonight.

Completely agree.

Our defense is much improved.

I like our O line getting that push in the 3rd qtr.

Chancellor may have been the fastest on the field tonight. He needs touches since he appears to be our T.Y. Hilton.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 6