Dunbar still projected to make roster but no Olawale

Marty

I read that list in the paper this morning and was surprised to see Lance as one of the four RB's with him being out of action so long. I hope he plays good in the last two preseason games. This will be great for the Mean Green if he makes the roster!

Agree 100%. Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for Lance and for Olawale...even if one or the other doesn't make the Cowboys, certainly they would be picked up by another team. Then I could have multiple favorite NFL teams, right? Olawale seems to me to have done enough to make the roster with the Cowboys...or the practice squad...but maybe too much to sneak by for the Cowboy practice squad, and will land with another team

Anyway....here's hoping the best for both Dunbar and Olawale. GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Olawale doesn't make the practice squad. I see him being traded like Cobbs was because his value has gone up. No?

If he doesn't make the 53 man roster he would have to clear waivers before he can be added to the practice squad so there is no need to trade for him when they can claim him off waivers.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad that Dunbar appears to be on the 53-man roster. We know of his running and receiving ability and the RB coach was pleasantly surprised with his blocking. Giving that Felix Jones is not a good receiver I see Lance working his way up to a starter if he can stay healthy.

I believe that Olawale makes the practice squad. I doubt that he'll be claimed on waivers because he's pretty unknown. If he can be taught to run with his shoulders down he could find his way onto the active roster or maybe then be picked up by another team.

• Upvote 1

IMO Dunbar's going to have to really do well this next game to beat out Olawale, since he is a lot more like the backs already in the stable.

I don't think Lance is being compared to Olawale. I think Lance has to out-perform Tanner. That's all. If he does, he's in. If the Cowboys like Olawale, they will find a spot for him.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Lance is being compared to Olawale. I think Lance has to out-perform Tanner. That's all. If he does, he's in. If the Cowboys like Olawale, they will find a spot for him.

With the TE concerns I wonder if they won't consider Jamize there.

• Upvote 1