Happy 4'th of July Fellow Americans & Mean Green'ers!

If you are ever in Washington D.C. In May or June, try to attend "Evening Parade" at the Marine Barracks. The Marine Corp Band and the Marine Corp Drum and Bugle Corp put on a wonderful show. Evening Parade is held on Friday nights and free tickets are required. Call well in advance. John Phillip Sousa was the first co neutron of the Marine Corp Band and to hear The Stars and Stripes Forever live, where it was first performed is really inspiring. Talk about bring a tear to your eye....

Happy Birthday to the United States of America

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

This mean green family is in DC this week for the 4th. I met a nice couple in the capital building who asked me about UNT and mentioned they both went there as well. I've seen several Texas rangers shirts as well. Happy 4th mean greeners!!

If you haven't been, every American should try to make at least one visit to Washington D. C. in their lifetime.

I was there at a church related national convention for teens in August of 1963; actually, one week before Martin Luther King's famous "I Have A Dream" speech. (I was 12 years old). President Kennedy had been scheduled to speak to our church group's national congress that week in August, but Jackie lost her newborn baby that week so the President was by her side and had to bow out of his speaking engagement. I remember being so darn disappointed that I didn't get to see and hear our President but understood why he needed to be by his wife's side.

For certain don't go to Washington D.C as a Democrat or a Republican, either....go as an American. We are (after all) on the same Red, White and Blue team here.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1