Texas state schedule

EagleD

I think people greatly underestimate the capacity of that stadium. They have a lot of room at the end of their bench and more is added every time an APR report comes out.

nobody lays down the smac talk like GMGers!!!!!!

http://web1.ncaa.org/maps/aprRelease.jsp

Football University of North Texas TX 2009 - 2010 932

Football University of North Texas TX 2008 - 2009 927

Football University of North Texas TX 2007 - 2008 911 Immediate Penalty - Scholarship Reduction = 6

Football University of North Texas TX 2006 - 2007 917 Immediate Penalty - Scholarship Reduction = 5

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2009 - 2010 936

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2008 - 2009 931

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2007 - 2008 937

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2006 - 2007 918 Immediate Penalty - Scholarship Reduction = 2.95

thanks for teeing that up for me haha :goodjob::thumbsu:

• Downvote 1

nobody lays down the smac talk like GMGers!!!!!!

http://web1.ncaa.org.../aprRelease.jsp

Football University of North Texas TX 2009 - 2010 932

Football University of North Texas TX 2008 - 2009 927

Football University of North Texas TX 2007 - 2008 911 Immediate Penalty - Scholarship Reduction = 6

Football University of North Texas TX 2006 - 2007 917 Immediate Penalty - Scholarship Reduction = 5

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2009 - 2010 936

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2008 - 2009 931

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2007 - 2008 937

Football Texas State University-San Marcos TX 2006 - 2007 918 Immediate Penalty - Scholarship Reduction = 2.95

thanks for teeing that up for me haha :goodjob::thumbsu:

Football: University of SM = ALL LIES!!!

Hell, that didn't even require a tee! :lol:

Dig deeper.

Their website also talks about additional tiers in place effective this 2012 season that will expand Bobcat Stadium to a 29,500 capacity.

EDIT: link

Thanks. I honestly didn't see that and knew they were expanding, just didn't know the completion date.

Oh yeah. They are on ESPN 2 & U

We will be on national TV for three games. The third is at Navy and will be on CBS sports network.

http://texasstate.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2793&tid=155630490&mid=155630490&sid=1217&style=2

Texas State football to have three games televised in 2012

The Western Athletic Conference (WAC) announced today that a minimum of 13 football games will be televised on multiple ESPN platforms this fall that will include Texas Tech at Texas State on September 8th, 2012 and Nevada at Texas State on September 29th, 2012. Both times are TBD. Also the Bobcats at Navy on November 17th will be seen on CBS Sports Network at 2:30pm CST.

This post was edited on 6/7 3:41 PM by Brent BR

Brent Thibodeaux

Publisher

BobcatReport.com

brent@bobcatreport.com

Follow me on Twitter: BrentThibodeaux

Follow me on Facebook: BrentBR

Follow BR on Twitter: BobcatReport

Follow BR on Facebook: BobcatReport

6/7 3:00 PM | IP: Logged

Edited by TXST_CAT
  • Upvote 1

We will be on national TV for three games. The third is at Navy and will be on CBS sports network.

http://texasstate.ri...id=1217&style=2

The Western Athletic Conference (WAC) announced today that a minimum of 13 football games will be televised on multiple ESPN platforms this fall that will include Texas Tech at Texas State on September 8th, 2012 and Nevada at Texas State on September 29th, 2012. Both times are TBD. Also the Bobcats at Navy on November 17th will be seen on CBS Sports Network at 2:30pm CST.

This post was edited on 6/7 3:41 PM by Brent BR

Brent Thibodeaux

Publisher

BobcatReport.com

brent@bobcatreport.com

Follow me on Twitter: BrentThibodeaux

Follow me on Facebook: BrentBR

Follow BR on Twitter: BobcatReport

Follow BR on Facebook: BobcatReport

6/7 3:00 PM | IP: Logged

That's just gotta hurt.

• Upvote 1

http://texasstate.ri...id=1217&style=2

Thanks for the info Brent. Good luck to you guys. Those games should provide you a good opportunity to showcase the school and getting a home game against Texas Tech is just fantastic.

Nevada 1990s isn't Nevada 2012, coming off a 7th consecutive bowl trip. And, "hosting" at Texas Stadium?

Kudos to Texas State's athletic department. I'd love to have Tech and Nevada at Apogee. Nevada would be an excellent gauge of where we are. Tech, of course, would mean a sell out, with the possibility of television.

• Upvote 2

Nevada 1990s isn't Nevada 2012, coming off a 7th consecutive bowl trip. And, "hosting" at Texas Stadium?

Kudos to Texas State's athletic department. I'd love to have Tech and Nevada at Apogee. Nevada would be an excellent gauge of where we are. Tech, of course, would mean a sell out, with the possibility of television.

Playing North Texas was a nightmare for Texas Tech. They probably have the Mean green filed under "gone, forgotten and good riddance".

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 2

I rememember back in the day when we first got SMU back on our schedule in the NCAA 's modern era (circa, 1974) how many times after those games were played how the rest of the season seemed anti-climatic to some extent.

CUSA with the regionalized division we will be in will give us many home and away games starting in 2013 which will create so much more interest for conference games than we have now that playing schools not far from Denton will create. It will also be fun to have more than 1 conference opponent that come to Apogee who will bring 2,000 and more fans to Denton, too. That sorta' thing just spices up a college football game IMO. And won't most of our CUSA division school's be bringing their marching bands most years, too?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not so fast my friends ??

TECH

Tech learned of this possibility several days ago, and according to the source, is "adamantly opposed to playing on the Longhorn Network" and is "putting serious consideration into canceling the game and playing an 11 game schedule" this fall

• Upvote 2

TECH

Tech learned of this possibility several days ago, and according to the source, is "adamantly opposed to playing on the Longhorn Network" and is "putting serious consideration into canceling the game and playing an 11 game schedule" this fall

How could they have not seen this as a possibility from the beginning? Do they not realize LHN is an ESPN platform?

Did they actually think ESPN was going to use valuable air time on one of their main networks for Texas Tech vs Texas State?

• Upvote 1

TECH

ya this just sounds like they are bitching out of the game...not surprising from Tech.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tech is doing what they always do with their schedule. Play some non-OOC team in Texas that they can beat, until they can't beat them anymore. Look at the teams they have scheduled and then stopped playing over the years in the state. North Texas, beat them twice--really it should have been three times with no thanks to LaDarrin McLane, TCU, who they got shutout by in Ft. Worth a few years ago and then cancelled a game with them last year because, in the words of Tommy Tuberville, "TCU is not kind of team we need to be playing right now.", and UH which beat them a few years ago in Houston. Now that Texas State and UTSA are around, they will get games with Tech for the next decade. Just after we beat them often in that series we played them, they quickly scheduled SMU, who regularly got their clocks cleaned by Tech. Now that SMU is good, they aren't on Tech's schedule anymore. Its just what the sand fleas do...schedule weak as possible in OOC and then beat 4-5 teams in conference and go to a bowl game with a 7-5 or 8-4 record. Its the same old thing every years with them.

• Upvote 2

Tech is doing what they always do with their schedule. Play some non-OOC team in Texas that they can beat, until they can't beat them anymore. Look at the teams they have scheduled and then stopped playing over the years in the state. North Texas, beat them twice--really it should have been three times with no thanks to LaDarrin McLane, TCU, who they got shutout by in Ft. Worth a few years ago and then cancelled a game with them last year because, in the words of Tommy Tuberville, "TCU is not kind of team we need to be playing right now.", and UH which beat them a few years ago in Houston. Now that Texas State and UTSA are around, they will get games with Tech for the next decade. Just after we beat them often in that series we played them, they quickly scheduled SMU, who regularly got their clocks cleaned by Tech. Now that SMU is good, they aren't on Tech's schedule anymore. Its just what the sand fleas do...schedule weak as possible in OOC and then beat 4-5 teams in conference and go to a bowl game with a 7-5 or 8-4 record. Its the same old thing every years with them.

So true! My wife is a Tech alum and we go to Lubbock every year for a game and meet up with several of her friends. The pervasive attitude is that any non-conference game must be an absolute canned hunt. Their entire future OOC schedule includes Texas State, Northwetern State, Central Arkansas, New Mexico, and SMU - which I'm sure they are trying to find a way out of.

• Upvote 1

With Francione I wouldn't automatically say blowout because when he settles down and decides he wants to stay at a job...........he can do a pretty good job of coaching.

Quite frankly, I was impressed with all the 3 star recruits Coach Fran got as rated by Scout. Of course, you never know how 3 star recruits will translate at the FBS level.

TSU-SM's problems are going to be the ones they (basically) inherit from us IMHO. They will have no SBC football rivals in the Lone Star State (among other scheduling problems I

perceive they are going to have, but on the upside their AD seems to not want to back down on who they schedule with their OOC games in San Marcos).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1