Texas Football Magazine

DeepGreen

Release Date

The 53rd annual volume of "the Bible of Texas football" is scheduled for release on June 21st

Cover Reveal

The cover of the 2012 edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football will be revealed on June 14th exclusively on Fox Sports Southwest and TexasFootball.com.

What's New This Year

The 2012 edition of Dave Campbell's Texas Football will have a number of new features to ensure that readers get the full story about high school, college and pro football in Texas!

-For the first time in the 53-year history of the magazine, this year's book spans 400 pages, previewing every high school, college and professional team in Texas.

-Expanded previews of the newest members of the FBS, Texas State and UTSA..

• Upvote 2

The real start of football season every year is when Dave Campbell's mag hits the news stand. I can't wait. I've also been collecting them for years so if anyone has any old issues from the early sixtys let me know.

I do have a copy signed by Dave Campbell from a few years ago.

• Upvote 1

The first ones are available here at the Sports Hall of Fame here in Waco.

I was young, but I remember buying a copy of the first DCTFM at Griffins General Store in Danbury, Texas (located between Alvin and Angleton).

If any of you have never been there, a trip to Waco to tour the TSHOF as well as the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame at Fort Fisher is worth it.

DT 90, do you actually work at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and if so, did you ever know one

whose last name was Sikes who worked there a few years ago? (Some of his pioneer family ancestors are buried at our

family cemetary located between Mexia and Groesbeck on what was an original Mexical land grant of which several

acres was given to my pioneer family back in 1833).

GMG!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was young, but I remember buying a copy of the first DCTFM at Griffins General Store in Danbury, Texas (located between Alvin and Angleton).

If any of you have never been there, a trip to Waco to tour the TSHOF as well as the Texas Rangers Hall of Fame at Fort Fisher is worth it.

DT 90, do you actually work at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and if so, did you ever know one

whose last name was Sikes who worked there a few years ago? (Some of his pioneer family ancestors are buried at our

family cemetary located between Mexia and Groesbeck on what was an original Mexical land grant of which several

GMG!

Funny, as a lifelong North Texas resident I have no idea where Alvin and Angleton are located until I looked it up.

GMG!

Nope, don't work at the HoF. .

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 1

Funny, as a lifelong North Texas resident I have no idea where Alvin and Angleton are located until I looked it up.

Come on now, at least Alvin, Texas>>>>>>>>Nolan Ryan's hometown. I had a biology class with him at Alvin Community College post-dinosaur era.

GMG!

PS: Well......Texas is quite a large state with a bunch of one horse towns that even at one time they talked about dividing our state into 5 or 6 separate states. I think those who

did the talking about that are now buried somewhere near Jimmy Hoffa. :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

PS: Well......Texas is quite a large state with a bunch of one horse towns that even at one time they talked about dividing our state into 5 or 6 separate states. I think those who did the talking about that are now buried somewhere near Jimmy Hoffa. :)

Gordon Gee is alive and well, hiding in Ohio.

• Upvote 1