RV to SMU? Question, no info

GreenBat

RV was just given a contract extension through 2017. He knows the problems first hand at SMU as Tony Benford and his #1 assistant (former Ole Miss head coach) were both checked out by SMU and chose UNT. RV doesn't exactly have the Highland Park demeanor that Gerald Turner and his alums demand for their $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It'd be a higher move in pay, but RV would be in a situation worse than what he had when he first started at UNT.

oh yea this is realistic

lets see

money, stadium in place, soon to be upgraded arena, and football program that has gone to bowl games 3 times in the last 4 years, and moving to a better conference

oh yea definitely worse than major title IX issues, no money, dump for a field, and a football program with 8 years of no success in a conference that is falling apart way out west

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

because North Texas-Denton was able to actually somewhat compete at the D1-AA level for 12 years

Or maybe it was because smu wasn't allowed to compete at ANY level for years. That doesn't really do a whole lot for the old win column now does it. Btw, that big victory over Northwestern State last year was quite impressive, and since your history is clearly lacking, we haven't played a down of 1AA (FCS) football in this century. Did you even beat anyone last season with a winning record other than the luck out win against TCU? Me thinks not. Quite the definition of a powerhouse.

• Upvote 1

oh yea this is realistic

lets see

money, stadium in place, soon to be upgraded arena, and football program that has gone to bowl games 3 times in the last 4 years, and moving to a better conference

oh yea definitely worse than major title IX issues, no money, dump for a field, and a football program with 8 years of no success in a conference that is falling apart way out west

Money? Orsini was fired because SMU - University Park is operating in the red, and I don't mean red as in school colors.

Stadium in Place? What does that mean?

Soon to be upgraded arena? Not if you don't have the money.

Better Conference? For now yes.

Every school has Title IX issues, what's your point?

We have money, too.

Apogee is better than Ford, sorry, but it IS true.

We did improve last year.

Basketball program is ahead of yours.

CUSA is not falling apart, and what is "Way out west"?

Yes, you have had some success in football recently, do we need to drag out SMU's record's before Jones. By the way, even your coach wants out, but ASU didn't want him.

Money? Orsini was fired because SMU - University Park is operating in the red, and I don't mean red as in school colors.

We have money, too.

Yes, you have had some success in football recently, do we need to drag out SMU's record's before Jones. By the way, even your coach wants out, but ASU didn't want him.

Over the last three seasons they have won 23 games, and exactly 4 of those wins were against teams with winning records, while 2 of the wins were against FCS competition. If they start winning games with regularity against winning teams they can start bragging, but for now I'm not overly impressed.

We have money, too.

do you know how to read?

the comparison was made that SMU now is worse than when RV came to North Texas-Denton

at that time North Texas-Denton was in non-compliance with title IX

Fouts was still going to be used for the next 8 years

North Texas-Denton was in the Big West

so again the comparison was North Texas-Denton then VS SMU now

and SMU has already raised a major portion of the money to start renovating their arena

http://www.smudailym...ng.com/?p=40706

Or maybe it was because smu wasn't allowed to compete at ANY level for years. That doesn't really do a whole lot for the old win column now does it. Btw, that big victory over Northwestern State last year was quite impressive, and since your history is clearly lacking, we haven't played a down of 1AA (FCS) football in this century. Did you even beat anyone last season with a winning record other than the luck out win against TCU? Me thinks not. Quite the definition of a powerhouse.

first please show me where anyone said that SMU was a football powerhouse?

second SMU has more bowl wins in the last 4 years than in the history of North Texas Denton

and you might not be impressed with the TCU win, but when was the last time that North Texas-Denton beat a top 25 program back in the 70s?

and when was the last time for a winning season 7 years ago before any current high school recruits were even in middle school?

and yea it is funny talking about playing D1-AA teams when the North Texas-Denton home schedule is only 5 games this year in a two year old stadium with two ponds and your past few seasons have been highlighted by beating teams that had barely moved up to D1-A

so nice strawman arguments

trying to say that anyone said that SMU was a powerhouse when that claim was never made and trying to compare North Texas-Denton today to SMU today when the origonal post I replied to was one comparing North Texas-Denton when RV first arrived to SMU today

and SMU today is still in better shape

more financial support from private donors, better conference in the eyes of anyone with an ounce of common sense, better recent football history that is comparable to anything that North Texas-Denton has done in the last 3 decades (like beating a top 25 team or going to and winning bowl games) and they are improving facilities as well and getting money up front to do so and they have a larger budget to work with and SMU had 2X the revenue for football and 2X the revenue for basketball as well...in their "dump" with no ponds and no bridge over a freeway that was opened years ago VS being brand new

so anyone out there would say advantage SMU even today.....that is why there is a thread on a forum not related to SMU athletics asking if the AD will be leaving to SMU and that is where there are probably 6-8 SMU threads from the recent past littering that forum.....because SMU is "irrelevant" right....haha...and PS North Texas-Denton has not beaten a team with a winning record in at least 7 seasons....nice

Edited by GL2Greatness
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

oh yea this is realistic

lets see

Without listing reasons your wrong I'll just say this...

SMU has consistently done less with more.

UNT somehow finds a way to do more with less. I'll put my money on people like that all day and tomorrow.

UNT is not the first program that had to start at the bottom in order to rise to the top. We are on our way, and we'll get there, brick by brick.

You sir, are just an angry little troll with too much time on your hands.

• Upvote 2

Apparently somebody's first dates from ponyfans didn't pan out. Domt take it out on us.

do you know how to read?

the comparison was made that SMU now is worse than when RV came to North Texas-Denton

and SMU has already raised a major portion of the money to start renovating their arena

second SMU has more bowl wins in the last 4 years than in the history of North Texas Denton

and you might not be impressed with the TCU win, but when was the last time that North Texas-Denton beat a top 25 program back in the 70s?

and when was the last time for a winning season 7 years ago before any current high school recruits were even in middle school?

and yea it is funny talking about playing D1-AA teams when the North Texas-Denton home schedule is only 5 games this year in a two year old stadium with two ponds and your past few seasons have been highlighted by beating teams that had barely moved up to D1-A

trying to say that anyone said that SMU was a powerhouse when that claim was never made and trying to compare North Texas-Denton today to SMU today when the origonal post I replied to was one comparing North Texas-Denton when RV first arrived to SMU today

more financial support from private donors, better conference in the eyes of anyone with an ounce of common sense, better recent football history that is comparable to anything that North Texas-Denton has done in the last 3 decades (like beating a top 25 team or going to and winning bowl games) and they are improving facilities as well and getting money up front to do so and they have a larger budget to work with and SMU had 2X the revenue for football and 2X the revenue for basketball as well...in their "dump" with no ponds and no bridge over a freeway that was opened years ago VS being brand new

so anyone out there would say advantage SMU even today.....that is why there is a thread on a forum not related to SMU athletics asking if the AD will be leaving to SMU and that is where there are probably 6-8 SMU threads from the recent past littering that forum.....because SMU is "irrelevant" right....haha...and PS North Texas-Denton has not beaten a team with a winning record in at least 7 seasons....nice

FYI, it is SMU-Dallas. It goes both ways.

do you know how to read?

do you know how to read?

If SMU is this great with so much support and money why have they embarrassingly sucked the last 20+ years? Look the RV to SMU thread was only posted because the only thing SMU has is lots of cash to money whip people to come there and that is apparently not working out that well because they just got a bball coach who will pass on to the next plane any moment and a football coach who was dying to get the hell out of there but had to stay when his would be employer shunned him in the last minute. You can tout SMU all you want but it is quite laughable because you make it sound like SMU is light years ahead of UNT...it is pretty clear you have this grudge against us and I don't know how or why that is but I encourage you to come out to our games and enjoy the tailgating and get to know us. Hopefully you'll stop being this bitter little biatch and get that stick out of your ass.

• Upvote 2

For once you're right. No one but a complete idiot or a natural born cheater would say or even insinuate such a claim. Did you get booted from North Texas, or is this just a really bad boyfriend night? I mean this seriously, because the bitterness you're showing toward the flagship of the UNT System is beyond belief.

• Upvote 1

Do you know how to read? This is not ponyfans.com

could have fooled me

hell that is only one less thread about the SMU AD on "not ponyfans.com" than there was on ponyfans.com the day it first happened

funny how you want to talk about SMU so bad until reality steps in and then it is "hey this is not an SMU forum" :thumbsu:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

could have fooled me

hell that is only one less thread about the SMU AD on "not ponyfans.com" than there was on ponyfans.com the day it first happened

funny how you want to talk about SMU so bad until reality steps in and then it is "hey this is not an SMU forum" :thumbsu:

I have to agree. I vote that those three letters should not be listed consecutively in a thread title on this board until the next cheating scandal hits the news wires, or until they actually definitively commit to show up for a game with us in a Safeway parking lot or otherwise. Just my humble opinion of course.

• Upvote 1