Thanks go out to Dr. Rawlins, RV and the AD Dept. and others

Harry

You have to give Dr. Rawlins credit - this move is driven by the conference presidents and he came through for us in a big way. Is he - in his short tenure here - already making himself known to be the greatest UNT president in our history? Time will tell but is this alum's mind he is already there.

Big thanks to RV and the AD staff as well. They did so much work behind the scenes, the red carpet treatment that they provided CUSA school officials, the documentation that they compiled...relationship building with the CUSA AD's and staff, the professional way they presented Apogee in person and in the media...it takes a lot of blocking and tackling behind the scenes to get a move like this off of the ground.

I feel like the Board of Regents deserves a big pat on the back too, in particular C.Dan Smith whose support of athletics has NEVER wavered and yes even Bobby Ray who did a lot to help us get there.

Thanks the former players, guys like Brad Kassell, Scott Hall, Patrick Cobbs and many of their teammates -- these are the guys that helped us lift ourselves off the ground. These are guys that gave us everything they had before we had state of the art facilities and big budgets... I feel like we owe all of them a debt of gratitude for this special day.

And last but certainly not least the students who helped get the athletic fee in place which helped make Apogee a reality! Without it we probably wouldn't be in the great spot we are in today!

Go Mean Green!

If we are going to thank former football players, I would like to thank someone from my Mean Green generation (and my favorite QB ever).....Jordan Case (#8 on your program), who headed up the stadium committee. He is also a significant contributor to the Mean Green Club fund.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 6

If we are going to thank former football players, I would like to thank someone from my Mean Green generation (and my favorite QB ever).....Jordan Case, who headed up the stadium committee. He is also a significant contributor to the Mean Green Club fund.

Indeed, Silver...indeed.

• Upvote 1

Harry you have to give yourself a huge pat on the back as well. Building community at North Texas was something virtually nonexistent back during the Matt Simon years and your willingness to put in the hard work and I'm sure countless dollars into this website have been another key contributor to this. No question in my mind that this board has been one of the big reasons we see 15K minimum average attendance even in 2-8 football seasons. Kudos to you and all of the staff (is it "staff"?) of GMG.com :bow::rock::goodjob:

• Upvote 7

Harry you have to give yourself a huge pat on the back as well. Building community at North Texas was something virtually nonexistent back during the Matt Simon years and your willingness to put in the hard work and I'm sure countless dollars into this website have been another key contributor to this. No question in my mind that this board has been one of the big reasons we see 15K minimum average attendance even in 2-8 football seasons. Kudos to you and all of the staff (is it "staff"?) of GMG.com :bow::rock::goodjob:

:goodjob:

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

If we are going to thank former football players, I would like to thank someone from my Mean Green generation (and my favorite QB ever).....Jordan Case (#8 on your program), who headed up the stadium committee. He is also a significant contributor to the Mean Green Club fund.

Well said - thanks for all you do Harry. It all started with a simple web site called Harry's Mean Green ... :goodjob: