North Texas State to join CUSA

MCMLXXX

Maybe the guy who thinks that it's SO IMPORTANT to have "NORTH TEXAS" on the side of our helmets so everyone knows who we are should contact these people and inform them who we are.

My point is that if we continue presenting an icon (helmets) that is so closely similar to NORTH TEXAS STATE then we are going to continue to have this problem. When we are referred to as NORTH TEXAS, it's really easy for legacy minds to fall into the NORTH TEXAS STATE phrase because it flows so naturally. We should be presenting ourselves as UNT. Hopefully we can get to a level of national exposure such that people will recognize us by UNT (similar to USC). With that said, I was in school during the name change and I have a hard time not referring to us as North Texas. I rarely use UNT, so I'm just as guilty.

And no, RV, I don't want to change the helmets to say UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS. Put the d*** logo on them (either Mean Green or SOW) and refer to us as UNT everywhere.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Again, for the millionth time, this misperception is something that would be easily cured by embracing "UNT." When you say, "North Texas" you are 2/3rds of the way to "North Texas State."

SMU

TCU

UCF

UAB

USC

UCLA

etc.

etc.

etc.

It's not that big a deal. I'll never understand why we just don't embrace it and end the North Texas State references for good.

• Upvote 2

Again, for the millionth time, this misperception is something that would be easily cured by embracing "UNT." When you say, "North Texas" you are 2/3rds of the way to "North Texas State."

SMU

TCU

UCF

UAB

USC

UCLA

etc.

etc.

etc.

It's not that big a deal. I'll never understand why we just don't embrace it and end the North Texas State references for good.

UNT! UNT! I hear ya. i get a weird feeling everytime I see that PCmatic.com commercial, when the girl is wearing the "STATE" sweater. However, I cant see the radio station effectively moving away from KNTU, that one can't work.

"apologies. i've seen it referred to as both -- probably by other eastern media types that aren't familiar with the school, either. will get it right from now on.

man oh man, some of your fellow alums are reeeeeally touchy about the school name.

thanks for reading and writing back.

dave fairbank"

"apologies. i've seen it referred to as both -- probably by other eastern media types that aren't familiar with the school, either. will get it right from now on.

man oh man, some of your fellow alums are reeeeeally touchy about the school name.

thanks for reading and writing back.

dave fairbank"

Well, considering we changed it during the Reagan Administration, we should be touchy.

• Upvote 1