If the assistants leave...

rjmunthe

Why are we dragging our feet? These guys are a bunch of kids but the point remains that if the assistants leave, especially someone like Forrest, I'm worried these guys are going to jump ship. Especially if we don't have a quick replacement. Maybe it's an irrational fear.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

Stop worrying about players leaving. If they don't like it here they will leave. If they like it here and are having fun with each other, they have an opportunity to be a special team. And they might even like the new coach. No one knows right now.

It Is an irrational fear.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

Stop worrying about players leaving. If they don't like it here they will leave. If they like it here and are having fun with each other, they have an opportunity to be a special team. And they might even like the new coach. No one knows right now.

It I an irrational fear.

Yep. Everyone be patient until the new coach meets with the players. I'd bet after that initial meeting, you will see some quotes to the effect of "We will miss Coach Jones and staff, but we are really excited by the opportunity to play for Coach Fill-in-the-blank and can't wait for next season" from the players.

Or, just continue to post made up twitter exchanges in an attempt to get everyone in a teenaged girl tizzy.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Players know the consequences of transferring to another school. They have to weigh the options: Stay here and keep playing or go to another school and sit for a year.

I am not singling out any one player or players in this or any other program but when a high school kid gets recruited, the college coach becomes a “father figure” for them. That coach leaves and the player feels the loss. You hear about this in all sports, both sexes, and at all levels. When a coach resigns this is a concern but the AD and the remaining staff have to deal with it when it.

MeanMag: not sure what misspelling "cologne" on twitter has to do with this but....that is what the link went to for me.

Colon: Anatomy . the part of the large intestine extending from the cecum to the rectum.

Cologne: a perfumed liquid or solid made of fragrant essential oils and alcohol.