Okay, I just read that OU is opening...

The numbers just don't work to host Oklahoma. Their guarantee price would be huge and we don't have the seats to sell to make it profitable. Given that a huge portion of our stadium is for students, who pay no gate ticket price, how can we even consider an OU? Some of the schools that were listed must be paying in terms of a two or three for one for some the big boys to consider such a series. For us to sell game day tickets for OU the ticket price would be astronomical, given the limited number of seats available to sell.

Why would it have to be a guarantee? I'd be glad to do a home-and-home with OU.

Oklahoma's deal with UTEP is a 2 for 1, but so what? To get people in your stadium, spending money, and getting your school on a real regional or national telecast is gold.

And, of course the OU tickets would be more expensive. Tickets are already priced in tiers anyway. All schools charge more for premium opponents. Do you think OU charges the same for their home ticket versus Oklahoma State as they do for Iowa State? No.

We've got the stadium; go out and sell it. Big school are going on the road to far crappier stadiums than Apogee.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They aren't...

We know that. And they aren't playing a guarantee game in Denton, either.

But back to the OP, they are playing at UTEP. If at UTEP, why not at Apogee? And I imagine they would take a home-and-home just as easily as they would a single guarantee game in Denton, if not more so.

OU already will be playing 2 games in DFW every other year.

- Texas

- TCU

They play 6 home games about 2 hours North, one about an hour and a half south (Baylor), and one about 3 hours south (A&M).

In any given year, I'd say DFW OU fans have about 8 opportunities to travel less than 3 hours to see their team play.

• Upvote 1

OU already will be playing 2 games in DFW every other year.

- Texas

- TCU

They play 6 home games about 2 hours North, one about an hour and a half south (Baylor), and one about 3 hours south (A&M).

In any given year, I'd say DFW OU fans have about 8 opportunities to travel less than 3 hours to see their team play.

Yeah, but how many of those venues serve Beth Maries?

PICK UP THE PHONE RV!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

HIGHLY doubtful.

OU's visitor section would be sold out at Apogee. Maybe they would get some spots in the wingzone and they may be able to buy some tickets off Stubhub or something, but I would venture to say that the crowd would easily be 2/3 Mean Green fans, if not more.

Do you realize that season ticketholders from many of the big school will buy season tickets of the away teams just to see away games to guarentee them a seat. I dont know if they would do it for UNT, but more likely just because its so cheap for season tickets. Playing larger, better programs will do UNT no good, plain and simple. No one wants to see an A$$ kicking on their home field...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Oklahoma's deal with UTEP is a 2 for 1, but so what? To get people in your stadium, spending money, and getting your school on a real regional or national telecast is gold.

And, of course the OU tickets would be more expensive. Tickets are already priced in tiers anyway. All schools charge more for premium opponents. Do you think OU charges the same for their home ticket versus Oklahoma State as they do for Iowa State? No.

We've got the stadium; go out and sell it. Big school are going on the road to far crappier stadiums than Apogee.

A 30k and 50k stadium is a big difference, do the math.... Yes the stadium is nice but its all about how many butts you can fit into a seat, 30k does not sound good to any larger school

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you realize that season ticketholders from many of the big school will buy season tickets of the away teams just to see away games to guarentee them a seat. I dont know if they would do it for UNT, but more likely just because its so cheap for season tickets. Playing larger, better programs will do UNT no good, plain and simple. No one wants to see an A$$ kicking on their home field...

This would be great. No harm in season ticket packages being sold. Oklahoma State started doing that a few years back because OU fans would poach tickets.

The thing now is money and exposure. OU would give us heaps of both.

• Downvote 1

This would be great. No harm in season ticket packages being sold. Oklahoma State started doing that a few years back because OU fans would poach tickets.

The thing now is money and exposure. OU would give us heaps of both.

What would bring more fans involed with UNT, one OU game or a better chance at a win to go to a bowl game... Not a hard decision

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1