These From UTEP & Tulsa U Want North Texas In Alliance

PlummMeanGreen

From the CUSAbbs board:

PredatorUTEP

Special Teams

I Root For:

RE: If the Alliance goes to 24, what other league does is kill off?

UNT has tons of potential. I really like their basketball and their football can grow with that stadium. I was a UNT student, so I really hope to see UTEP and UNT in a conference together. UTEP would benefit from UNT. Today 05:59 PMTulsafanzz

2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa

Location: RE: If the Alliance goes to 24, what other league does is kill off?

UNT has tons of potential. I really like their basketball and their football can grow with that stadium. I was a UNT student, so I really hope to see UTEP and UNT in a conference together. UTEP would benefit from UNT.

As I said in another thread, I think the 3 most likely additions are Temple, Utah St. & North Texas.

As a Tulsa fan, I hope we do add UNT. Tulsa is losing it's 3 closest rivals in SMU, Memphis & Houston (I know, Rice is also in Houston). I have gone to football games at SMU & UNT. UNT had a bigger home crowd than SMU the last time I visited each

I just moved from El Paso to Frisco. As a UNT Letterman and alumni I would love to see these teams play in every sport. My wife was a soccer player at UNT and we went to see the soccer team play in EP. UTEP won in triple digit heat. Irritation. However, I would love to see us play them every year as I have zero love for their school. Good folks out there and they are in serious need some trash talk. Not to mention my Dad went there in the Texas Western days.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 3

I just moved from El Paso to Frisco. As a UNT Letterman and alumni I would love to see these teams play in every sport. My wife was a soccer player at UNT and we went to see the soccer team play in EP. UTEP won in triple digit heat. Irritation. However, I would love to see us play them every year as I have zero love for their school. Good folks out there and they are in serious need some trash talk. Not to mention my Dad went there in the Texas Western days.

If there are two programs these two schools should be pairing off every year, it is the women's soccer teams. Both outstanding programs.

Welcome to Frisco!

-gm

UNT '03

UTEP '07

From the CUSAbbs board:

PredatorUTEP

Special Teams

I Root For:

RE: If the Alliance goes to 24, what other league does is kill off?

UNT has tons of potential. I really like their basketball and their football can grow with that stadium. I was a UNT student, so I really hope to see UTEP and UNT in a conference together. UTEP would benefit from UNT. Today 05:59 PMTulsafanzz

2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa

Location: RE: If the Alliance goes to 24, what other league does is kill off?

UNT has tons of potential. I really like their basketball and their football can grow with that stadium. I was a UNT student, so I really hope to see UTEP and UNT in a conference together. UTEP would benefit from UNT.

As I said in another thread, I think the 3 most likely additions are Temple, Utah St. & North Texas.

As a Tulsa fan, I hope we do add UNT. Tulsa is losing it's 3 closest rivals in SMU, Memphis & Houston (I know, Rice is also in Houston). I have gone to football games at SMU & UNT. UNT had a bigger home crowd than SMU the last time I visited each

Too bad message boards don't mean squat.

I do believe you are the guy I saw put the best hit on a punt returner I have ever seen. Granted he called fair catch but it was still glorious! Welcome to the board.......

Dallas is a focal point for UTEP's recruiting. You would have to think they would really like to have games in the area. By the way, whenever they play at SMU there is usually more Orange than Blue and Red

As someone who was actually at the game this year, no. It was at best 75/25 SMU/UTEP. Still very impressive showing for UTEP fans - they bring the most amount of fans outside of TCU. I'm from El Paso and root for UTEP too, but let's be truthful here.

Edited by Comet7745

As someone who was actually at the game this year, no. It was at best 75/25 SMU/UTEP. Still very impressive showing for UTEP fans - they bring the most amount of fans outside of TCU. I'm from El Paso and root for UTEP too, but let's be truthful here.

Maybe its just the shot angles they showed back here in El Paso :zoro:

I do believe you are the guy I saw put the best hit on a punt returner I have ever seen. Granted he called fair catch but it was still glorious! Welcome to the board.......

He did call fair catch, however, it was well worth the 15 yards and it felt great. Boise State never got near another punt that night. It was a bit much when the ref hit me in the chest with the flag.