Is It Just Me...

Side Show Joe

Is it just me, or has RV been really quiet lately. I haven't seen his "Villareal's Views" on the athletic site in a while, either.

Is he working on something big? Is he busy wrapping up a late Christmas Present for the Mean Green Nation?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

not really sure RV has done any work since he got "his" stadium opened. One would think his hands would be asleep after sitting on them for so long.

What do you want him to do, come to your house and brief you on the state of the mean green on a weekly basis? He just got us a new stadium, give him a freakin break.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

What do you want him to do, come to your house and brief you on the state of the mean green on a weekly basis? He just got us a new stadium, give him a freakin break.

I disagree RV did not get this stadium, he had his chance back in 2004 or so and failed, the SGA and students got RV this stadium and he failed miserably at filling it up this year.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I disagree RV did not get this stadium, he had his chance back in 2004 or so and failed, the SGA and students got RV this stadium and he failed miserably at filling it up this year.

I totally agree. I know a lot of people think that RV is an awesome AD, usually using past AD's as comparison. To me its kinda like dating a 200 lb girl after dating a 300 lb girl. She is still heavy but compared to the last one, she's svelt.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Some of you are simply incredible....and not in a positive way. What in the Sam Hill are you complaining about? RV has been one busy AD this year....new football HC, new stadium opening after months and months of construction, naming rights...did you forget that little event? New women's head basketball coach hired....seen how the team is doing lately? A major increase in the number of Mean Green Club members and donations, increased local and national...yes, national PR, increases GPA levels for UNT athletes across the board....and on and on. This has been the busiest guy in the DFW area this entire year and he has done an excellent job for the Mean Green Nation. I know there are areas where he is not overly happy, and he will be working on those this next year...But, for the love of God people, give it a rest!

Just dumping Mandy and getting a new staff for the Mean Green Club was BIG in my book! OK, a little humor there....

RV has earned a bit of down time...if, in fact, he is enjoying a bit of downtime over the holidays. He seems to be at all the holiday season games...ever notice that he goes to the student area toward the end of every game and thanks the students? Have you even bothered to notice that little gesture? Probably not, as some are too busy trying to figure out what t o complain about next. If you have the guts, go up to him at the next game...you do attend games, right? And, be sure and let him know that you think he has just been sitting around relaxing for most of the year...and, tell him how you would do it so much differently. Please, man up, and tell him to his face what you post here....I am 100 percent certain that he would respond in a much kinder manner....

For all that is good give it a rest....

I don't think I've ever agreed with one of your posts but for this you get a slow clap that eventually builds to a frenzied cheer. Well said sir. :goodjob:

• Upvote 3

Gee Kram, one of the regents told me that they decided to bring in a professional fund raising crew since they did not feel that we could do the naming rights through the athletic dept. The sad thing was the donar was right under their ath dept nose & no one thought to ask them. When was the last time you saw rv or even cooper him with a new potential big donar during a sporting event? As donars, we like to see growth. What did you see at the last football game- any growth there. Lots of people on this board do not see new faces at athletic events or new big time donars. Several donars were asked questions about the athletic dept. What was said doesn't really follow your cheerleading rant. Sorry guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Gee Kram, one of the regents told me that they decided to bring in a professional fund raising crew since they did not feel that we could do the naming rights through the athletic dept. The sad thing was the donar was right under their ath dept nose & no one thought to ask them. When was the last time you saw rv or even cooper him with a new potential big donar during a sporting event? As donars, we like to see growth. What did you see at the last football game- any growth there. Lots of people on this board do not see new faces at athletic events or new big time donars. Several donars were asked questions about the athletic dept. What was said doesn't really follow your cheerleading rant. Sorry guy.

Hmmmm....don't know what regent you are referring to, but my research shows that it is fairly common for universities to hire professional fundraisers when major projects develop. At least that is what I have seen from the three universities from which I have personally graduated. The fact remains, the naming rights were sold under RV's watch and within a very few months of the stadium's opening. Have you notice that Chancellor Jackson/ Pres. Rawlins also hired a pretty big time fund raiser recently? Gee, couldn't the current development staff at UNT have been able to handle it without the new "guy"? Your comment smacks of sour grapes. Maybe that "regent" you talk too should get up off his/her duff and find some donors instead of just talking about university business with you.

By the way...Jerry Jones is still looking for a corporate naming rights partner of that new stadium of his...he keeps talking about the "economy" as the reason...well, UNT sold it's stadium naming rights in that same "bad economy" under RV's watch it seems. Sure, it will cost much more to name Cowboy Stadium, but seems the corporate benefits might be greater as well...do you think?

So, sorry, Mo Green, my opinion stands. You are certainly welcome to yours as well. No problem. Nothing to be sorry about, guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Gee Kram, one of the regents told me that they decided to bring in a professional fund raising crew since they did not feel that we could do the naming rights through the athletic dept. The sad thing was the donor was right under their ath dept nose & no one thought to ask them. When was the last time you saw rv or even cooper him with a new potential big donor during a sporting event? As donors, we like to see growth. What did you see at the last football game- any growth there. Lots of people on this board do not see new faces at athletic events or new big time donors. Several donors were asked questions about the athletic dept. What was said doesn't really follow your cheerleading rant. Sorry guy.

fixed