SMU Thoughts on Jackson State vs North Texas

Harry

No need to take it personal. Frankly I am pretty happy because despite us being NTSU to those few posters and while it seems they're downgrading us and what not they are still taking the time to see what is going on in Denton. Even they're not stupid to think the potential we have. Let's just keep on doing what we're doing.

• Upvote 3

If they hadn't called us North Texas State Music College in the post I might have left it alone but alas I felt compelled...I apologize

I work with a bunch of SMU alums daily, one of which is a club member. They are always respectful when we chat UNT and SMU sports. In fact, they are jealous of our Mean Green Village and facilities. Comments like the one above is just insecurity and ignorance on that knee jerk fan.

GO MEAN GREEN!

JRock

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sadly for the ponies, North Texas State University, North Texas State College, North Texas State Teachers College, North Texas State Normal and North Texas Normal can all beat SMU. As many have mentioned in the past, a strong North Texas is very disturbing to SMU.

Both schools have good things going on for them. UNT is just on a sudden rapid improvement phase across the board and people with ignorance about its accomplishments don't really understand why--all of the sudden--we're demanding more respect. I'm not just talking about SMU folks, but most people outside of UNT who still have that negative mentality about North Texas. For example, today at work I was talking to a couple of co-works about college football. I mentioned that UNT has the potential to being a great athletic (with a strong football program contending with the big boys) school with strong academics...mainly due to it's location and size. One of them, a TAMU graduate, started to giggle. I always try to educate people like that about UNT and its improvements (which have been tremendous this past decade) and where it wants to go. We need more UNT alumni to have that passion and pro-active support toward what the institution is trying to accomplish...tier one research status with strong athletics and maintain its high-level liberal arts program. Even by just educating people about these things, your already helping to "clean-up" the institution's negative reputation around the area.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

Love the calling out of Hoopman X with all of his preseason class predictions. I was just talking the other day about how he caught a bit too much lip on this site but after reading his comments I am more than content to declare open season on him. Travis Bickle is the type of guy that you would see in a social setting and would make some type of ignorant and strongly offensive statement and then weasel out of it as soon as he felt the least bit threatened. So in a game of percentages.... we have a couple of very polite and genuine SMU posters on this board who apologize for a "few rotten apples" but all I see are rotten apples from PhonyFans.com.

Seriously.... read the Tweets from this jackass to his own coach! All that expertise he flaunts must mean that he is a straight baller to say the least. I mean... how else could someone call out a coach as obsessively as he does??

HoopManX Twitter

I'm just glad DePaul finally has a conference mate they can look down on.

It's been a rough decade for them.

I draw the line at shots taken towards DePaul.

My wife is a grad of that wonderful university where the degree means so much more than NT. DePaul is a Tier 1 university and on par with any Ivy League school or Oxford. People from NT could only dream of ever setting foot on the campus let alone attending or watching a sporting event of that most prestigious institution of higher learning!

Of course I am mocking the tone of that ridiculous thread on the SMU forum.

Although my wife did graduate from DePaul and we were married at the Church on campus.

Patrick

• Upvote 5

Love the calling out of Hoopman X with all of his preseason class predictions. I was just talking the other day about how he caught a bit too much lip on this site but after reading his comments I am more than content to declare open season on him. Travis Bickle is the type of guy that you would see in a social setting and would make some type of ignorant and strongly offensive statement and then weasel out of it as soon as he felt the least bit threatened. So in a game of percentages.... we have a couple of very polite and genuine SMU posters on this board who apologize for a "few rotten apples" but all I see are rotten apples from PhonyFans.com.

Seriously.... read the Tweets from this jackass to his own coach! All that expertise he flaunts must mean that he is a straight baller to say the least. I mean... how else could someone call out a coach as obsessively as he does??

HoopManX Twitter

Wow...he said this directly to a recruit:

Hoopmanx Hoopmanx @Air_pierre23 try being less ignorant on social media, isn't helping you get scholarship offers

Wow...he said this directly to a recruit:

Hoopmanx Hoopmanx @Air_pierre23 try being less ignorant on social media, isn't helping you get scholarship offers

Yeah saw that. If that doesn't give you insight into the egocentric personality this guy flaunts... I don't know what will. The kinda guy you wouldn't mind publicly slapping the crap out of.