Vote for Lance

UNTflyer

I'd vote for Lance but....

1. There isn't enough of a culture of voting for Lance among alumni. Its not really even advertised around campus.

2. There's a history of alumni not voting for stuff. Most alumni see it as a joke.

3. The ability to vote for Lance's record breaking performance is not know to the average alumni.

4. Its raining and cold outside and I need to get to bed (work and health come first.)

"Shut up. Make me more involved and I will vote more, I want to vote more. I want to be involved with Lance winning this honor . I want that classic university experience and I want it to be first class so don't blame me for Lance not getting many votes. Do you think I want that?"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1. There isn't enough of a culture of voting for Lance among alumni. Its not really even advertised around campus.

2. There's a history of alumni not voting for stuff. Most alumni see it as a joke.

3. The ability to vote for Lance's record breaking performance is not know to the average alumni.

4. Its raining and cold outside and I need to get to bed (work and health come first.)

"Shut up. Make me more involved and I will vote more, I want to vote more. I want to be involved with Lance winning this honor . I want that classic university experience and I want it to be first class so don't blame me for Lance not getting many votes. Do you think I want that?"

LOL. Attempting to bring me down because you're bitter? Classic.

Edited by Ouroboros

To add, I had to drive to work today after a couple of inches of snow last night and temperatures in the low 30's. Even though I looked outside and heard the weather forecast, nobody told me to wear a coat, gloves or a cap and my penis is shriveled.

• Upvote 2

Oboroboros, although your post may be a little coarse (or shriveled, if you prefer) it was filled with good information for us.

I mistakenly assumed that most of the students were like Matt, who takes it on himself to find the information necessary to get involved in athletic contests, fine arts events, guest speakers and all the extracurricular events that make a student more fully rounded and make college life more enjoyable. I'm glad to see that you also make your presence known at football and basketball events and I wish that we had 20,000 like you (o.k., we could use less for basketball). But, if just collecting facts and getting a degree is what universities are all about then I'd try some of the online colleges or a community college followed by a smaller college where there is little campus life. It'd definitely be cheaper.

The information on these events is available but the athletic department can and should do a much better job of getting it to the students. The school administration and faculty can certainly do more to promote every event because it's also in their best interest.

The other point that you made repeatedly is that we have no tradition. Not totally true but if you're looking at the last six years then I don't have much of an argument. Obviously, we'll never be able to match the tradition of the top programs but we're not on the bottom either. Coaches like Hayden Fry and Odus Mitchell and players like Joe Greene, Abner Haynes, and Ray Renfro have kept that from happening.

There appears to be the coaches and athletes to regain some tradition if the students will make the effort. We certainly have the quantity we just need to develop quality students. By that, I mean a core of students who have the fortitude to attend every athletic event that time and studies allow. It may take leadership and sacrifice but if SAT scores are a criteria, this student body is more capable than any previous. If no one is willing to take any initiative then the tradition dies and we can close this board as well as athletics.

I'm sorry to inject this somber post into the levity that this post had become but attendance is a serious subject. It is our lifeblood and controls our future athletically.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 2