Not Bad

emmitt01

HAHA, I think there's more to life than the stadium that you would play in.

Having a nice paycheck for the family might be high on his priority list. Maybe some fans.

While this is true, I don't think he is hurting for money. He's doing a decent job with the program and I don't see him leaving his Alma mater for a little bit of money.

EDIT: from great to decent job after viewing actual numbers lol

Edited by Matt

While this is true, I don't think he is hurting for money. He's doing a decent job with the program and I don't see him leaving his Alma mater for a little bit of money.

EDIT: from great to decent job after viewing actual numbers lol

It's UTA. Great was the right word.

Scott Cross won't go anywhere...he'll be too busy counting the SLC and WAC championship banners in the arena rafters at his alma mater. It would take a lot to get him to go elsewhere I'd think. We like him a lot too. He was a good player for us, helped recruit a lot of the team that went to the NCAAs, and clearly loves his school. And most of all, the guys are buying into his system. Defense and rebounding and hustle aren't fun. But his philosophy is mostly "play my defense, I'll give you some leeway to create on the offensive end". Kind of a thing where if you ask a talented offensive player to think too much about which player moves where and which pass happens when and worry about spacing too much and all that, it's not instinct anymore, and it weakens a player's game. Seems fair, and his players respond pretty well. I think it was just a matter of getting enough talent to compete...the new arena will get players that wouldn't think of UTA to at least consider us.

Edited by utamav91

JJ won't leave UNT. He's had more success than any other team in the metroplex in the past few years.

Almost got hired by Miami last year. Word out of the U was if they hadn't gotten Jim Larranaga, they were gonna chase JJ. I doubt he would have refused that offer.

Scott Cross won't go anywhere...he'll be too busy counting the SLC and WAC championship banners in the arena rafters at his alma mater. It would take a lot to get him to go elsewhere I'd think. We like him a lot too. He was a good player for us, helped recruit a lot of the team that went to the NCAAs, and clearly loves his school. And most of all, the guys are buying into his system. Defense and rebounding and hustle aren't fun. But his philosophy is mostly "play my defense, I'll give you some leeway to create on the offensive end". Kind of a thing where if you ask a talented offensive player to think too much about which player moves where and which pass happens when and worry about spacing too much and all that, it's not instinct anymore, and it weakens a player's game. Seems fair, and his players respond pretty well. I think it was just a matter of getting enough talent to compete...the new arena will get players that wouldn't think of UTA to at least consider us.

Family comes before love of school, so if he gets an offer that is double his salary, he will probably leave in a heartbeat (unless he has a huge trust fund).

You guys need to really get his pay increased, although based of the 1st four games of the season, it may be too late. If you guys are as good as you have looked, he probably leaves for a bigger paycheck at the end of the year.

Edited by UNT90

Almost got hired by Miami last year. Word out of the U was if they hadn't gotten Jim Larranaga, they were gonna chase JJ. I doubt he would have refused that offer.

I was referring to UNT not firing him. He may leave if he gets an offer from a better program, but UNT is not going to fire him, unless he starts having consecutive losing seasons, which I highly doubt will happen.

UTA, that "average" team from the lowly Southland, just lost by ten to #10 Baylor at Baylor.

I wonder who'll find a new job first, Scott Drew or Johnny Jones, since they'll both clearly be fired now.

Not only that but they did it exactly 24 hours after beating us. It could have been closer had they had an extra day of rest.

• Upvote 1