Not Bad

emmitt01

Ok, I wonder if the Indiana St fans at the holiday tournament in Orlando rushed the court.

Isn't that what you do when you beat Tech early in the year in a non-conference game?

I believe that's what you do when you really care about beating the team you just played.

I would welcome rushing the court at every game if that's what students cared about and who they cared about beating.

I posted in another thread that Cross' pay is about 115K annually. Hypothetically in 2-3 years if JJ does move on to another job our athletics program will be in much better shape financially probably so there's no doubt we'll be able to more than double Cross' salary. Plus I think the UNT job would be a little bit more high profile not only now but I think it probably will be in a few years.

That being said this is freaking ridiculous talking about coaching changes especially with JJ. He'll get this ship right and lets not forget that as the seasons go by I'm sure he's becoming a better coach. I think some coaches over time get better and better as well so I don't have any doubt that JJ will work his magic and get this team some wins.

I believe that's what you do when you really care about beating the team you just played.

I would welcome rushing the court at every game if that's what students cared about and who they cared about beating.

Yes, so that way rushing the court means absolutely nothing.

We should just do it for every home game, win or lose, because it's so much fun.

Bottom line is it makes you look like you are shocked that your team could beat one of the worst teams in the Big 12. It makes you look basketball uneducated, silly, and small time to other conferences, future recruits, and Alumni (at least this one).

But by all means, have at it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, so that way rushing the court means absolutely nothing.

We should just do it for every home game, win or lose, because it's so much fun.

Bottom line is it makes you look like you are shocked that your team could beat one of the worst teams in the Big 12. It makes you look basketball uneducated, silly, and small time to other conferences, future recruits, and Alumni (at least this one).

But by all means, have at it.

All I'm saying, is I wish we had more home games against teams our students REALLY care about beating.

It's probably a forgone conclusion that students are uneducated, silly and don't care about what it looks like to other conferences, future recruits and alumni.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of teams that fans care about, wondering if we may run into a situation where not many opposing fans attend the games or if we'll be able to develop much in the way of rivalries with other teams...DFW area has tons of SFA, Texas State, UNT, Sam Houston alumni that turn out with good crowds to Texas Hall and cheer their alma maters. Even though the WAC is more prestigious conference than our current one, hard to imagine many folks from San Jose State, Idaho, etc. traveling to support their teams. LA Tech is probably the closest distance-wise. New Mexico State played at the Hall a few years ago and probably 150 fans showed up to cheer their team. But beyond that, who knows?

Edited by utamav91