It's Roger Franklin Day!

TheTastyGreek

I know we're all looking ahead to Tony Mitchell Day... Stores already have their decorations out, we're all stressing over buying gifts or decorating or traveling to celebrate the season... It's obviously the holiday that dominates this part of the calendar.

But, as the wife pointed out, Roger Franklin Day is also a day to be celebrated. We got a positive discretionary ruling from the NCAA! On the spectrum of miracles, that's somewhere lower than resurrection, but probably higher than well-rationed lamp oil.

So, on this Roger Franklin Day, let's all celebrate the simple joys that others bring to us. For me, I'm grateful for another season with Johnny Jones, even though every game gives us a number of reasons why he should be fired on the spot and/or beaten and tortured for his unacceptable failings. For the last 3 years, I've started every season expecting (to varying degrees) that the current season might be his last. We won't have him forever, but I'm grateful we've had him this long.

And I'm grateful for the sustained bits that bring us together as a community. Even though we may never win another game and we probably shouldn't bother even showing up... I know that We Can, and We Will.

So, even if your husband needs to git sum pitchin, or your wife needs to quit jackin' up 3's and playing street ball, or if your children aren't pure 1s or they don't spend enough time practicing their free throws... Take a moment today to reflect on the simple blessings of our friends, family, and fans.

Hooray for the start of basketball that counts, and Happy Roger Franklin Day to everyone.

This is the first of a huge 4 holiday stretch.

When does the Roger Franklin music start playing on 103.7?

Sadly, some godless types have started referring to it as Tony Xtchell day. Really gets my goat...

Things like this are what warm my heart on this Roger Franklin Day.

Has any other fan base ever been so fortunate, ever before? Would anyone even be able to answer that question?

Things like this are what warm my heart on this Roger Franklin Day.

Has any other fan base ever been so fortunate, ever before? Would anyone even be able to answer that question?

I just wish that the NCAA had granted the waiver sooner, so that I could have gotten my Roger Franklin cards out on time.

• Upvote 3