N.TEXAS sign on I-35E

greenjoe

This topic seems to pale with what's going on in State College PA., Central Florida, conference shuffling and whatever else, but as I was driving to an event at the Gateway Center this morning, I saw, for the millionth time the sign pointing to North Texas Blvd that says "N.TEXAS BLVD." And again this morning, it annoyed me. Perhaps I am worrying about something that doesn't matter, but I'd like the other 4 letters added.

Unlike the "E" on I-35E or the "S" on S. Elm Street, NORTH is half on the name of the 3rd largest university in our state and I think it should be spelled out. Even though to add the "orth" is going to require a larger sign surface.

Too trivial ? Should I worry about the pedestrian bridge or how the waterless urinals will be disposed of ? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

GO N TEXAS

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

This topic seems to pale with what's going on in State College PA., Central Florida, conference shuffling and whatever else, but as I was driving to an event at the Gateway Center this morning, I saw, for the millionth time the sign pointing to North Texas Blvd that says "N.TEXAS BLVD." And again this morning, it annoyed me. Perhaps I am worrying about something that doesn't matter, but I'd like the other 4 letters added.

Unlike the "E" on I-35E or the "S" on S. Elm Street, NORTH is half on the name of the 3rd largest university in our state and I think it should be spelled out. Even though to add the "orth" is going to require a larger sign surface.

Too trivial ? Should I worry about the pedestrian bridge or how the waterless urinals will be disposed of ? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

GO N TEXAS

GO MEAN GREEN

100% in agreement with you on that, Judge Joe.

Would 4 more letters have been so much a problem?

GMG!