Please take #21 out , tired of seeing him get used today

MeanGreen01

It's ashame because this game is and was winnable game. We have made way too many mistakes to win this tough game on the road. Zach Olen is usually money too but like some others, were just off today. I still feel like we have a great group coming up. It's just hard because like must of us, want it instantly. We have to remember that D. Thompson is a Sophomore and this is really his first year.

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1

Not saying I disagree what people may say about him , but I don't think it's fair to start any negative threads w/ a players name headlined in it. Call for the the coaches head all day long , but these are just kids remember. Grown men are the ones who ultimately make all these decisions

Yeah you are probably right. It's easy to forget when you care so much.

Not saying I disagree what people may say about him , but I don't think it's fair to start any negative threads w/ a players name headlined in it. Call for the the coaches head all day long , but these are just kids remember. Grown men are the ones who ultimately make all these decisions

+1 NT03, and I certainly feel that I have posted (if not started threads) where I should have more critical of the coaches than the players, who after all are put into games by the coaches and are given the plays to execute by the coaches. If anyone looks at the history of college football programs, head coaching hires can be seen as the turning point, one way or another, for many, if not most of them. Of course, Mack Brown looked like a lot better coach when Colt McCoy was playing QB at Texas.

All That said, maybe we should have been more realistic about our prospects for this season considering the players who graduated or otherwise left the program during the offseason.

Edited by eulessismore

Royce Hill is also far from NFL material. They have scored 2TD's today and both have been on Royce Hil.

The Freshman was doing well and it would be nice to get him some good playing time!

You don't pull your most consistent and best DB because he gets beat in one on one coverage; you help him with a safety over the top. The other corner has been getting killed all year and Royce has been kicking people's butts except for the two best receivers we've faced. If you really watched the DB play in every game you'd notice our safeties are non-existent.

• Upvote 1

I don't completely disagree with you but these kids are grown ups and they play FBS college football. They know what they're getting into and they signed up for this. Plus it is nothing like what they would go through if they were playing in a bigger and more visible program.

You don't pull your most consistent and best DB because he gets beat in one on one coverage; you help him with a safety over the top. The other corner has been getting killed all year and Royce has been kicking people's butts except for the two best receivers we've faced. If you really watched the DB play in every game you'd notice our safeties are non-existent.

jimbob or anybody with DB knowledge I'm the guy who posted that I have been impressed with Royce's play this year and I still think the guy is a player. I agree with you on the one on one play, you have to have safety help on top. Since you watch DB play, what did you think of the TD catch on blown coverage in the 2nd quarter? The WR (or TE, I'm not sure) was obviously wide open but whose responsibility was that? I saw Royce and the safety both make a move to the WR on the outside who took one step forward and then one back and had his hands up waiting for the ball. Royce was up and the Safety back a few steps. As this was happening, the inside receiver (maybe TE) ran right between them to the outside as both Royce and the Safety were closing on their outside WR. Does our CB have that zone or was that the safety's responsibility? It looked to me like Royce saw the blown coverage assignment quicker as the safety was streaking towards the fake set up by the outside receiver. In doing so it looked like he flat got burned but I'm not sure it was even his coverage responsibility.

It was perfectly executed by the Cajuns.

McCarney made it very clear in the postgame interview that in the coverage they had there was no reason for the corner to let a receiver by him. Allowing those long touchdowns plays demoralized an otherwise pretty solid effort by the defense yesterday.

McCarney made it very clear in the postgame interview that in the coverage they had there was no reason for the corner to let a receiver by him. Allowing those long touchdowns plays demoralized an otherwise pretty solid effort by the defense yesterday.

hopefully the coaches will do something about it. I've never understood why our d-backs aren't coached to put their hands up or turn for the ball. Maybe they are coached to do that and the players just don't execute. I'm not a coach, but after several years of the same results of our backs being burned, I would think that there is something to learn here. Maybe our backs are just that slow and recruits with speed will help. I don't know what the answer is, I hope they figure it out soon

• Upvote 1