UNT lands Argyle guard Clarke Overlander

Brett Vito

He's a 6'5" power guard.

Welcome to North Texas Clarke.

I would like to get the official "Cooley Review" prior to commenting, but unofficially he looks like a big guard that can shoot.

Edited by UNTLifer

It is interesting that we have taken two guys that are not highly regarded so early. I trust that the coaching staff sees something special in these guys.

Interesting? Maybe. Surprising? Not really. Maybe the reason they are not "highly regarded" is because it is early. I am assuming "highly regarded" is interchangeable with, "Being recruited heavily by Autobid 6 schools".

Interesting? Maybe. Surprising? Not really. Maybe the reason they are not "highly regarded" is because it is early. I am assuming "highly regarded" is interchangeable with, "Being recruited heavily by Autobid 6 schools".

Not necessarily. Being ranked #68 in the state of Texas is pretty low, but rankings are not everything. That's why I said that I "trust the coaching staff sees something special".

I doubt they would fill these scholarships so early unless they thought the guys were the right fit, it just contrasts a lot with the recruiting class we had last year. That does not mean these guys can't ball.

Not necessarily. Being ranked #68 in the state of Texas is pretty low, but rankings are not everything. That's why I said that I "trust the coaching staff sees something special".

I doubt they would fill these scholarships so early unless they thought the guys were the right fit, it just contrasts a lot with the recruiting class we had last year. That does not mean these guys can't ball.

[/q

I think you guys are recruiting role kids cause JJ thinks you have your marquee horses on the roster already. No idea about this kid, but did want to say that I watched the all-star game w/Forrest Robinson yesterday, and even though he's really soft, he has great touch & skill offensively. If you guys can get him competition hardened, there is a lot to work with in terms of skill.

• Upvote 3

What did you hear that makes you say that?

Just keeping up with him on Facebook. Our once fan favorite has moved on and is full-blooded pony boy now.

For example:

Once after bragging about the postseason tournament his new school bought its way into, he said it was the most fun he's ever had playing basketball and was the best team he's ever been a part of.

Someone asked him about his conference championship teams and NCAA tourney appearances at UNT and he simply laughed at them.

Sorry Collin, but good riddance.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1