For Anyone Listening To Norm Right Now

He was asked about paying players.

Beebe suggested a "stipend" was reasonable...then noted that some ADs may not be able to afford the stipend.

Norm asked if Beebe was concerned that this would drive the wedge further between the haves and have-nots...Beebe said that his schools would continue to subsidize (his word) some of the smaller programs (I'm assuming his use of "subsidy" is in reference to what we call "body-bag games") but that the divide between the BCS-schools (again, his word) and non-BCS programs is growing and he (the following is my interpretation) supports increasing that gap.

Basically, he was a big-program elitist.

So...eff him.

• Upvote 1

Big program elitists.....lol

Ya know this entire country LOVES watching an upset. As much as Texas-Bama will be talked about because of the awesome battle between the two teams in the BCS Championship.... I think App St.-Michigan goes down in the books as a more important game.

If it is nothing but Jr. NFL then why would you want to watch?

I think it was Lenny Bruce who said "Eff you! That's nice man...nice. If you want to insult somebody, say 'UN Eff you!'"

So, UN Eff you, Dan Beebe!!

(It could have been George Carlin)

Edited by EagleMBA

He was asked about paying players.

Beebe suggested a "stipend" was reasonable...then noted that some ADs may not be able to afford the stipend.

Norm asked if Beebe was concerned that this would drive the wedge further between the haves and have-nots...Beebe said that his schools would continue to subsidize (his word) some of the smaller programs (I'm assuming his use of "subsidy" is in reference to what we call "body-bag games") but that the divide between the BCS-schools (again, his word) and non-BCS programs is growing and he (the following is my interpretation) supports increasing that gap.

Basically, he was a big-program elitist.

So...eff him.

I loved it when he talked about how the NCAA needed tommake sure that the new UT network televising high school games wouldn't "create a competitive advantage" for Uat. F'n unbelievable, considering the BCS is all about competitive advantage.

F'n hypocritical POS

yeah... but why would he not be? he is the commissioner for HIS conference... it's not his job to look out for the little guy... he wants his conference to be the best in the country and he should be catering to his 10 teams only...