Boone Feldt

Cooley

I have no idea if he's close to signing with Houston or not. I do know this; he has added us as a medium interest recently. I am hoping that he might want to play for the Mean Green with his brother next year. He would definitely be a good one to get.

I believe Boone will be visiting this Friday, and would be a major priority for these coaches to offer while he's in town

• Upvote 1

By: Brent Thibodeaux

BobcatReport.com

Buda Hays HS center Boone Feldt has been offered by the Texas State coaching staff.

The offer may have come too late as Feldt (6-3, 275) is reportly close to committing. His top schools are North Texas and Houston. He has another offer from La Tech.

His brother, former Arkansas offensive lineman Cam Feldt transferred to North Texas over the summer.

Texas State board on Feldt.

http://bobcatreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1705

The offer may have come too late as Feldt (6-3, 275) is reportly close to committing. His top schools are North Texas and Houston. He has another offer from La Tech.

I don't think that's the problem, bobcat fans.

By: Brent Thibodeaux

BobcatReport.com

Buda Hays HS center Boone Feldt has been offered by the Texas State coaching staff.

His brother, former Arkansas offensive lineman Cam Feldt transferred to North Texas over the summer.

Texas State board on Feldt.

http://bobcatreport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1705

Yes Please!!

I heard it last week from "the horses mouth" in the Football offices. Let's hope he shows up; to be honest I am a little concerned with the Center position after this season.

I liked how Leppo played last year in relief of Johnson for a few games, so I went to see how much longer we have him... He showed as a RS Freshman last year, but this year he does not appear on the roster. Is he gone? If so, then I am also concerned with Center next year (as well as this year's depth).

I liked how Leppo played last year in relief of Johnson for a few games, so I went to see how much longer we have him... He showed as a RS Freshman last year, but this year he does not appear on the roster. Is he gone? If so, then I am also concerned with Center next year (as well as this year's depth).

Leppo was servicable in relief of Johnson; but we were actually quite a bit more productive with Fortenberry there. He may no longer be with the team? I know he did not get to really get into spring ball wholly with the knee recovery. Not a knock on the kid, but the recovery process / demands of the new regime may have been too much for him. Regardless if Leppo is here or not, we need a quality Center for the future.

Boone was in attendance last night and is a great looking prospect. He had the best feet there in the OL group. Met his grandfather who was a great guy, and he was saying how much Cam already loved it, and the best thing to happen tomthe program was Dan McCarney. He said Boone loved it to and this is where he'd like to be.

We'll see what happens this weekend.

Also, Gerron Ballard is a specimen and we want him...trust me. He's in the Andrew Power category physically but is very fluid and effortless moving around, running, etc

Edited by UNT Mean Green
  • Upvote 5

Boone was in attendance last night and is a great looking prospect. He had the best feet there in the OL group. Met his grandfather who was a great guy, and he was saying how much Cam already loved it, and the best thing to happen tomthe program was Dan McCarney. He said Boone loved it to and this is where he'd like to be.

We'll see what happens this weekend.

Also, Gerron Ballard is a specimen and we want him...trust me. He's in the Andrew Power category physically but is very fluid and effortless moving around, running, etc

Would be 2 huge pickups. Last nights event sounds like a success. Hopefully we'll see some kids hoping on board here soon.

Did you see any other prospects getting alot of attention?

Would be 2 huge pickups. Last nights event sounds like a success. Hopefully we'll see some kids hoping on board here soon.

Did you see any other prospects getting alot of attention?

Yes, these would be two huge pickups. I believe we will get a QB out of this weekend. It appeared that Chico liked 5 or 6. And there were certainly some good looking ones out of what seemed like 40+ QB's.

I did see some getting quite a bit of attention and they were the standouts physically for sure, be it 40 time or body/frame, etc. I do not know names other than Ballard and Feldt (and commit Rex Rollins who may have been best skill athlete there), but I'm sure there's a few kids with offers who were participating or kids who may get offers very soon.