UNT Football Kickoff Cookout July 30 5-7 PM

greenjoe

The heat. I may wear my white shirt but it does have green on it and also a 'North Texas'. It could still be around 100 at 5 pm.

Besides, I may be bringing family that don't yet have any spirit gear.

Same story here. White, with green will probably be the MG shirt of choice for me. I'm still trying to talk someone into tagging along with me. The wife's likely out due to the excessive heat. The daughter won't care about the heat as long as there's a bounce house (she's four) but she's outgrown her UNT attire. I'm trying to talk my TT alumn brother into coming, but I seriously doubt he'll show up in MG gear. And that's fine...I'm just trying to generate some positive awareness of the program and the new stadium....he's been highly critical of the end zone but, of course, he's only seen pictures. :rolleyes:

No posts yet? The stadium is positively amazing. At no point walking through it did I ever have the thought of "I wish they did X instead." Every last detail of it feels professional, and far exceeded my expectations. Take someone to Rangers Ballpark and then to Mean Green Stadium, and they'd feel no drop in quality.

Have to admit, I am very jealous of you guys who can afford the club seating. Maybe next year for me, nice to have dreams, though. :lol:

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

Amazing stadium, super charged head coach, fired up athletic director, over 2,000 Mean Green fans...priceless! An evening to remember. I am so proud of UNT and the Mean green.

Thanks, RV, for seeing that your vision for the program has come to reality for the Mean green faithful!

• Upvote 1

Did anyone else walk to the top of the wing tip? I went to the top of the stairs but did not go to the very tip because I am afraid of heights. LOL

It was impressive though. And my calf muscles are still complaining. :)

I got as close to the wing tip as I could without pushing folks out of the way that were standing there admiring the view. My legs were feeling it too by the time I got up there. I was proud of my 4 year old daughter who walked it herself by her choosing instead of me carrying her. Near the top she said "This is a lot of stairs, Daddy".

• Upvote 2