The Eagle Has Landed!

Looks great! I hope we incorporate a little black into the jerseys as well although I wish we would have incorporated our kelly green into accents on the field.

Edited by mdh0192
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

How far would you be driving in from?

Every mile equals a point on the dorkometer. The dorkometer does not go above 100.

That help? :mellow:

I'm only in Dallas, but I should be working. Only 80 miles round trip. Guess that would make me an 80 out of 100 on the dorkometer. Now, I'm disappointed I'm not a bigger dork.

• Upvote 1

Just how big is the Eagle? Does anyone have the measurements? I hope it's a least the 3rd biggest logo on a field in the state of texas. :P

Our Eagle was rated 4* by Scout.

Of course, since it's an eagle on UNT's field, Rivals only gave it 3*. If it were an eagle on Boston College's field, maybe it would get 4 or 5*. :angry:

Good news though, Max Emfinger thinks our eagle is a 5*!

• Upvote 4

Of course, since it's an eagle on UNT's field, Rivals only gave it 3*. If it were an eagle on Boston College's field, maybe it would get 4 or 5*. :angry:

My friend, you definitely have your finger on the pulse of college athletics.

LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF EAGLE LOGOS WE'RE CURRENTLY AFTER!!! I mean, those Eagle logos may never be in our stadium or may have never had interest in our stadium but LOOK AT THE QUALITY OF EAGLE LOGOS WE'RE TRYING TO GET!!!

• Upvote 1

Wow that looks sharp. Great work on the logo and the endzones. Now to get the SOW on the helmets...

I was talking to one of the current players and he said a lot of team members want the current "eagle" on the helmet.

I told him that I'm not in favor of that. What finally convinced me was a picture in the DMN a few years ago along with an article about a former longhorn QB. The picture showed a NT player from the "flying worm" era. Few people know that is us.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm tired of rebranding. Our last 3 helmets have "NORTH TEXAS" on them. I say stick with it.... and pick a green.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I was talking to one of the current players and he said a lot of team members want the current "eagle" on the helmet.

I told him that I'm not in favor of that. What finally convinced me was a picture in the DMN a few years ago along with an article about a former longhorn QB. The picture showed a NT player from the "flying worm" era. Few people know that is us.

I understand where you are coming from, but I'm tired of rebranding. Our last 3 helmets have "NORTH TEXAS" on them. I say stick with it.... and pick a green.

We have a logo that we're sticking with now, and have had it for five years (?). I would've been fine with the flying worm until it was modernized into our latest logo, and obviously a lot more people would recognize the logo today if we had it from 1973-2006 instead of only 10 years. I look at the helmets between 1983 and today as junk, not the flying worm.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1