Plano Caravan Tonight

I've facebooked every last mother's son I know to go. I'll be there, and likely with the wife and kids in tow. Mavericks be damned! Collin and Denton County Mean Green need to show we can draw more than the miscreants in Dallas did! This is war, damn you!

i'm thinking about going, but it would be just my 4 year old daughter and myself. it sounds more like a sit down and listen event that my daughter might not be patient enough for. is this assumption correct? can anyone give me a heads-up on the situation?

appreciate it.

i'm thinking about going, but it would be just my 4 year old daughter and myself. it sounds more like a sit down and listen event that my daughter might not be patient enough for. is this assumption correct? can anyone give me a heads-up on the situation?

appreciate it.

I've seen kids at the past two. At the Denton stop, Scrappy was keeping some of the kids entertained during the speaking portions of the night. You can always load her up with appetizers to munch on during the speeches as well.

appreciate it.

ParksAndRecRick said he would buy her a couple of beers. That may help.

Edited by Keith7
  • Upvote 1

appreciate it.

I've now confirmed my wife and two kids - 5 year old boy and 3 year old girl. We can hook them up with Scrappy and free snacks. Kids like snacks...and big walking bird puppets.

so how was it???

It was great. Jub Jub was doing rim shots on a drum kit to Coach Mac's jokes. Free photos. Free booze. It was great to hear Jordon Case speak to his passion for the university. The music from the DJ was a bit too loud for talking. I didn't realize how well the women's golf team was doing...and how many records they beat this year. Good to see and hear the new women's basketball coach.

I think I'll make the haul to Grand Prairie and/or Ft. Worth.

• Upvote 3

It was great! Let me say this, if you go now, before we start winning, you'll get a chance to talk to the coach one on one. When this thing takes off and more people attend, I have a feeling it will be more of a receiving line.

It was a joy to speak with Coach McCarney, Coach Jones, and new women's basketball coach Karen Aston. It was also good to finally meet Kevin Kokjohn, Troy's dad. He's been gracious enough to give many of us insight over the years.

My kids loved it, although the sugar from the free snacks set them off and we had to move them back into the showroom. We also won a pair of free tickets to the ULM game.

Overall, it was a good-good. There's no reason to miss it.

Freebies: Snacks, soft drinks, cool poster of Johnny Jones, Football poster, large magnetic football schedule for your fridge, pictures with Scrappy, pom poms, mini-mega phones, coaches, dancers...and Jub on drums. Get you and your family to this thing while it's still free, yo.

FREEBIE II: McCarney will give Barry Switzer a run for his money in HELL/DAMN department. Set your HELL/DAMN over-under at 20...and take the over. The Todd Dodge Era is clearly long gone. There will be cussing and coaching on the sidelines in Denton again, fellas.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

This was a wonderful event. Jordan Case did an outstanding job hosting it. The food was great, the music was a nice touch, the bar was nice, and obviously the coaches did a fantastic job. All in all a wonderful night for the Mean Green, and hopefully got some new folks engaged with what's going on in Denton. As TFLF it won't be long, you had better jump on the bandwagon now.

Let me add that even though the new women's basketball coach isn't Kathy McConnell-Miller, she is intense. My guess is she'll have one of the biggest turnarounds in women's college basketball next season. She very business-like.

Also, Lifer, the dancers are there. I'm not sure how free they are; but, if you are young, or Arnold Schwarzenegger, I'd say give it a shot. Having a cute youngster with you helps attract them over to you as well. Borrow a daughter or niece or something. They were easy on the eye, that's for sure.

Also, Lifer, the dancers are there. I'm not sure how free they are; but, if you are young, or Arnold Schwarzenegger, I'd say give it a shot. Having a cute youngster with you helps attract them over to you as well. Borrow a daughter or niece or something. They were easy on the eye, that's for sure.

This seems like the old bait and switch. You listed them under freebies on your previous post and now you pull the rug right out from under me. Then again, these young ladies are old enough to be my daughters, so I hope everyone knew I was kidding.

Wish I could have been there. Sounds like a great event.